bic

48 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

From OBJ article:

Here's what's on the table for downtown Orlando's next mixed-use tower 

By Jack Witthaus 
Staff Writer, Orlando Business Journal

Jul 25, 2018, 12:26pm EDT 
Updated Jul 25, 2018, 1:06pm EDT

The developer behind downtown’s rising SunTrust Plaza at Church Street Station now is deciding what will be inside its second mixed-use tower for that project. 

On the table: Another hotel or a new apartment complex, said Austin StahleyLincoln Property Co.’s Florida region director. 

Lincoln Property’s planned second tower there, dubbed Phase 2, also will include Class A office space and street-level retail that would connect with Church Street in a similar-sized tower. The new building will be at the site of the Ballroom At Church Street alongside SunTrust Plaza at the northeast corner of Garland Avenue and South Street.

A second tower long has been in Lincoln Property's master plan and should be incorporated with Church Street's SunRail stop. A construction start date hasn’t been selected for the next tower, but it's expected to be finished in fourth-quarter 2021.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/07/25/heres-whats-on-the-table-for-downtown-orlandos.html

I dont buy 2021.  Business journal last year said mid 2020 start for construction.

I'm a little concerned that when/if they build phase 2, what with it being in such close proximity to phase 1, together they will appear to look like one big, massive wall of a building. Not sure how that will look right there next to I-4. Of course, it might look awesome. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'm a little concerned that when/if they build phase 2, what with it being in such close proximity to phase 1, together they will appear to look like one big, massive wall of a building. Not sure how that will look right there next to I-4. Of course, it might look awesome. 

there's that complex in SF that looks like a linear cluster of buildings from the '70's I think and it looks like they touch.  it looks like 4 buildings in varying heights.  I think they are lined in neon at night.  My point?  Dunno, other than it could be something to gage it against.

2 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

there's that complex in SF that looks like a linear cluster of buildings from the '70's I think and it looks like they touch.  it looks like 4 buildings in varying heights.  I think they are lined in neon at night.  My point?  Dunno, other than it could be something to gage it against.

I think I know the ones you're talking about, but they are oriented differently. The ones you're talking about are side by side (similar to X Orlando) whereas the Church St buildings would be kind of end to end.

Sort of --> [] [] [] vs [ ][ ] - sorry that's the best I can do illustration-wise. :unsure:

Unless they orient phase 2 kind of perpendicular to phase 1.

Maybe even L - shape it?

They would need to do something other than plop two rectangles right next to each other.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I think I know the ones you're talking about, but they are oriented differently. The ones you're talking about are side by side (similar to X Orlando) whereas the Church St buildings would be kind of end to end.

Sort of --> [] [] [] vs [ ][ ] - sorry that's the best I can do illustration-wise. :unsure:

Unless they orient phase 2 kind of perpendicular to phase 1.

Maybe even L - shape it?

They would need to do something other than plop two rectangles right next to each other.

yeah, they may be staggered a bit.  I think there's something in Dallas like that too...

3 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

On a related note, since I assume our tallest building is too much a lure to avoid putting one'S name on it, I wonder who'll be the anchor for the building fka SunTrust Center?  Wahlbergers Plaza?

The article I partially quoted said something about a renovation in the SunTrust building's future. Or possibly a second article was linked.

• Thanks 1

From OBJ:

"The owner of Central Florida's most iconic skyscraper revealed it’s looking to spruce up its digs, as its largest tenant plans moving next year to a new mixed-use building.

SunTrust Center's owner... is considering several new projects in and around the building, 

The major (SunTrust) relocation is expected to open up about 250,000 square feet of office space in the 30-story SunTrust Center and the adjacent, 10-story SunTrust Bank office building. That vacancy could lure major corporations interested in the building's visibility in the central business district. 

Meanwhile, the potential new opportunities — totaling several million dollars worth of construction — at SunTrust Center include:

• New branding at the top of the building after SunTrust leaves
• Installing an interactive lighting structure 
• Activating the green space near the building by bringing in more seating
• Upgrading the main lobby hall and adding amenities, including a food hall"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

From OBJ:

"The owner of Central Florida's most iconic skyscraper revealed it’s looking to spruce up its digs, as its largest tenant plans moving next year to a new mixed-use building.

SunTrust Center's owner... is considering several new projects in and around the building, 

The major (SunTrust) relocation is expected to open up about 250,000 square feet of office space in the 30-story SunTrust Center and the adjacent, 10-story SunTrust Bank office building. That vacancy could lure major corporations interested in the building's visibility in the central business district. 

Meanwhile, the potential new opportunities — totaling several million dollars worth of construction — at SunTrust Center include:

• New branding at the top of the building after SunTrust leaves
• Installing an interactive lighting structure 
• Activating the green space near the building by bringing in more seating
• Upgrading the main lobby hall and adding amenities, including a food hall"

when they say Interactive lighting, I wonder if they mean something like the BOA in Times Square where, near Jackson? Park near the Grace Bldg, you go to a station and alter the  color scheme of it's mast.

Yup. My buddy was Traffic engineer in Landmark II and moved over to Orange and Jefferson when they moved all the old URS people to consolidate. Landmark II space is being built out by DPR. I think they are going to be ground floor where the Iberia bank used to be and part of second floor. 

Edited by dcluley98