Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

20 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Are you referring to the original proposal that was a mid rise hotel prior to the redesign, or something fresh off the press?

The current 25 story rendering. It will be about the same height as 55W and add a nice layer of dimension to the city's skyline.  

8 hours ago, jrs2 said:

total speculation with regards to what exactly?  too soon of a delay?  too late of a delay?  the fact that there even is a delay?

The comment was made by someone who was speculating/assuming that it was delayed based of information they heard from a third party. Has anyone heard of a set date for ground breaking? If there is one I'd like to be there. 

Here are the quotes from SSC in question: " FYI- Tremont Tower maybe delayed 2-3 months based on fact they didn't do the groundbreaking ceremony in December as originally planned".  " maybe. but that's what I was told from an interested party ." 

I just want the building built. 

On January 18, 2016 at 8:53 PM, RedStar25 said:

The comment was made by someone who was speculating/assuming that it was delayed based of information they heard from a third party. Has anyone heard of a set date for ground breaking? If there is one I'd like to be there. 

Here are the quotes from SSC in question: " FYI- Tremont Tower maybe delayed 2-3 months based on fact they didn't do the groundbreaking ceremony in December as originally planned".  " maybe. but that's what I was told from an interested party ." 

I just want the building built. 

it's all good.  thanks for clarifying, but what I said was I heard it from an "interested" party, not a "third party".  look up the definition because it sounds like you may not know it.

Well, thank you for the back handed compliment. So, you're saying your comments were made after hearing something from another person who is interested in the project but not directly tied to its construction. So, It's all good. 

Anyway, my partners has family is involved in most of these projects. If I get the chance, I'll try to get some info from him. 

• 1 month later...

No new updates but through the rumor mill I have heard that Fairwinds will be moving their name from the current tower at 135 W Central to Tremont Tower.  They'll also be scaling back the number of employees downtown (if you've been down Alafaya you've noticed that they gutted and are rebuilding their corporate office there).  You'll basically have a bank branch and the executive team downtown.  

1 hour ago, cwetteland said:

If you follow the perspective lines from the surrounding buildings, the virtual tremont is easily half its correct size.  Reminds me of the "Institute for kids that can't read good, and want to do other stuff good too".

Not quite sure what to make of that comment, but I edited the post with a new, somewhat more correctly sized version. Obviously it still might not be perfect, but it was just done to give an idea of what it might look like once completed.

Edited by JFW657

Thanks JFW, new one looks a lot more to scale.  cwetteland was referring to Zoolander (original) movie when they were showing a small model of said "Institute" and he asks "What is this?  A center for Ants?!" because he can't fathom the difference between an architectural scale model and what the real building will eventually be.  

• Like 2

Coming in super late to the conversation... But to the individuals commenting on CNL III beating this development out of the ground obviously aren't very well informed... The CNL project has been at a standstill for several months and even had the majority of its progress revoked by the city. Their submissions were on temporary hold for some time. Their pre-leasing flyers for the project are dated back to the Q1 2015... And we have only heard rumors of any real tenants.

Aside from the turmoil within the CNL company as a whole (disbanding their real estate services, etc.), they will be 12-18 months behind this or any other project going forward. They're basically having to start over. Pretty certain that this "Tremont Tower" is our best bet at a downtown high rise development breaking ground in 2016.

9 hours ago, StaLP said:

Coming in super late to the conversation... But to the individuals commenting on CNL III beating this development out of the ground obviously aren't very well informed... The CNL project has been at a standstill for several months and even had the majority of its progress revoked by the city. Their submissions were on temporary hold for some time. Their pre-leasing flyers for the project are dated back to the Q1 2015... And we have only heard rumors of any real tenants.

Aside from the turmoil within the CNL company as a whole (disbanding their real estate services, etc.), they will be 12-18 months behind this or any other project going forward. They're basically having to start over. Pretty certain that this "Tremont Tower" is our best bet at a downtown high rise development breaking ground in 2016.

12 months is still sooner than never, although I hope I am wrong. ThIs is the office version of Citi Tower, so maybe I will be.