Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

A sky lobby is a lobby located on an upper floor of a high rise.

Of course, given that this is only a 28 story building and said lobby will only be somewhere around the 18th or 20th floor, maybe it would be more accurate to call it an "air lobby".

Because it's not really up in the sky, but kind of up in the air a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Is there a 7-Eleven joke in there somewhere? Oh, thank heaven!

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Ooooh!  dcluley can hang with the cool kids now - he made a 7-Eleven joke..

GO dcluley!

I had this idea several years ago that I thought would be kinda funny.

I guess it wasn't all that original, as someone has actually done it....

8-Twelve-store.png

8twelve-01.jpg

https://pop.inquirer.net/34071/7-eleven-copycat-competitor-called-8-twelve-convenience-store#ixzz5bCED91lH 

Open a chain of them right across the street from 7 Elevens.

On the sign it would say something like "We're one better".

Oh well.... 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2018 at 4:06 PM, DreS0803 said:

Sunset + CSP

19C31F67-EA1A-4A74-988D-0D501BEBFBCA.jpeg

Pipedream:  would like to see the south side of Church Street market redeveloped with the addition of several floors for loft apts with balconies overlooking the plaza. Give the plaza a makeover that promotes a more civic vibe (thinking Italian piazza).

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Pipedream:  would like to see the south side of Church Street market redeveloped with the addition of several floors for loft apts with balconies overlooking the plaza. Give the plaza a makeover that promotes a more civic vibe (thinking Italian piazza).

That sounds like Hyde Park Village in Tampa. Once upon a time, Park Ave. in WP also had apartments over most of the stores.

From what I can tell, downtown Orlando by the beginning of the 20th century didn’t really have much residential in the core. It was across Rosalind, in North Eola and from Lake Lucerne south. In the segregated era, Parramore and Callahan housing was mostly west of Division Street.

Edited by spenser1058

5 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

That sounds like Hyde Park Village in Tampa. Once upon a time, Park Ave. in WP also had apartments over most of the stores.

From what I can tell, downtown Orlando by the beginning of the 20th century didn’t really have much residential in the core. It was across Rosalind, in North Eola and from Lake Lucerne south. In the segregated era, Parramore and Callahan housing was mostly west of Division Street.

Come to think of it, the Orlando core continues to lack that type of residential (outside of residential high rises). 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

I wouldn't. They already destroyed the north side of Church Street Market. I think it's a part of the history of Church Street, so I hope they don't. 

24 minutes ago, Xander said:

I wouldn't. They already destroyed the north side of Church Street Market. I think it's a part of the history of Church Street, so I hope they don't. 

Redevelopment to existing buildings can be done that enhance them rather than destroy history.

If 55W were the threshold for whether Orlando should ever change, the city would have given up years ago.

• Like 1