Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

7 hours ago, Dale said:

People like JRS and I don’t seek to ignore or avoid people based on political ideology. But that doesn’t mean I’m liking fish tacos.

“People like JRS”—-

Dale - don’t conflate sides  in your earnest attempt to be relevant.

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2018 at 7:38 PM, prahaboheme said:

Would that be the same Fat Boys of Kissimmee and St Cloud? Still the best baked beans in Florida.

Hmm, I may need to take a trip down and investigate.  My two years in Oklahoma and Texas have me jaded on BBQ.  Ellie Lou's out in Ocoee is my favorite.  4 Rivers is mediocre and overpriced.  Sonny's is mediocre and properly priced.  Cecil's is garbage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Ellie Lou's out in Ocoee is my favorite.  4 Rivers is mediocre and overpriced.  Sonny's is mediocre and properly priced.  Cecil's is garbage.

Have not heard of Ellie Lou's, but will check it out. Totally agree on your other 3 assessments.

Check out Sugar Boo's in Mount Dora, King's in Eustis and Jack's in Mineola (if you like mustard sauce).

• Like 1

Bar-b-que in this town is generally awful. Still have not found a "good" place. I would welcome any suggestions for real bar-b-que. 

After looking up suggestions on-line, supposedly there is an old food truck place that opened up a stall in the North Quarter market in my neighborhood that offers real BBQ sammiches. Caro-Bama. It has great reviews and serves real carolina style pulled pork and smokey pork and brisket. I will have to give it a shot and let you all know! 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Probably should transition to the Coffee House at this point, but....  yeah Pig Floyd's is good, but I don't really classify them as BBQ.  It's a semantic thing for me.  BBQ is a choosing a plate of 2-4 meats from a list of 6-10 with 2-3 sides plus bread.  Also 50% of judgement comes on how good your brisket is.  Ideally should offer two cuts of brisket, moist or lean.

Have had Caro-Bama from the food truck.  Solid sandwich, but I'm much more a KC/Texas style.  Either want it to be so good it needs 0 sauce, or I want it slathered in the hottest bbq sauce possible.  Get your sugar and mustard out of here.

Am never really in Mt Dora or Eustis but next time I have an excuse, it's happening.

12 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I didn't even realize this was CSP thread, haha. Anyway, did anybody ever find out if the Hotel has a pool or not? I don't think it does. 

If there is one, I assume it would be on the top of this side, next to the hotel lobby...

Church-Street-Plaza-Credit-Orlando-Senti

I can't imagine a hotel in Orlando that wants to be competitive, would not have a pool. That's like Hotel 101.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JFW657 said:

If there is one, I assume it would be on the top of this side, next to the hotel lobby...

Church-Street-Plaza-Credit-Orlando-Senti

I can't imagine a hotel in Orlando that wants to be competitive, would not have a pool. That's like Hotel 101.

I think the bottom portion of this building is already taller than the 14th floor of Plaza North; maybe up to the 15th floor in height.  The rendering makes it look deceptively squatty (unless the Plaza North is in fact squatty and I'm just fooling myself into thinking that it's tall).

• Like 1

OK, I kinda threw this together, based on the existing structure being currently at 17 stories, by cutting/pasting 11 additional stories on top of it, and at half the width, per the design renderings. I was only concerned with representing the approximate height and mass in comparison to the surrounding skyline.

chustreplanorvw.png

And of course, the the exterior skin isn't shown on it, nor is the angled doohickey thing on the roof.

But proportionally, that's about how it should look at 28 stories.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It will be shorter than 55W. The top floors are shorter in size than the bottom, and they will be about 3/4 the width, according to the renderings. I am interested to see this building IRL when it is done. I think it is well designed, IMHO, despite people despising it's cold, utilitarian aesthetic and glass skin. It will reflect the sun and the traffic adjacent, and also the Amway Center on the other side. Interesting effect, to my point of view. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JFW657 said:

OK, I kinda threw this together, based on the existing structure being currently at 17 stories, by cutting/pasting 11 additional stories on top of it, and at half the width, per the design renderings. I was only concerned with representing the approximate height and mass in comparison to the surrounding skyline.

chustreplanorvw.png

And of course, the the exterior skin isn't shown on it, nor is the angled doohickey thing on the roof.

But proportionally, that's about how it should look at 28 stories.

I believe it was determined that this is actually 25 or 26 stories but with the doohickey thing on the roof, it's 28. 

I'm confused.  This is the building we've been waiting for since it was announced in like 2013.  I lived above it with plans to have a webcam for 5 years before it ever got out of the ground.  We're now poo-pooing it?  It's beautiful!  It's a gateway!  It's activation!  It's infill.  #whatsnottolike

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

It will be shorter than 55W. The top floors are shorter in size than the bottom, and they will be about 3/4 the width, according to the renderings. I am interested to see this building IRL when it is done. I think it is well designed, IMHO, despite people despising it's cold, utilitarian aesthetic and glass skin. It will reflect the sun and the traffic adjacent, and also the Amway Center on the other side. Interesting effect, to my point of view. 

Well, the actual "bottom" (ten) floors are all parking garage, so they're probably the shortest of all of them. It looks like the tallest floors are going to be the middle (seven) office floors. If the remaining top (eight or nine) floors are the hotel section, they could be in between the height of the garage floors and the office floors. Or at least the same height as the garage floors anyway. As for width, to me they look more like half the garage and office floors.

Hopefully it will be close to the height of 55W of better with the cap.