Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

One thing I noted before the construction amped up was that this area seemed to be a huge homeless encampment.  I was wondering what the city was going to do about that, but now that there's so much work being done right under these overpasses, the homeless have seemed to moved under the "old" 408 ramp bridge.  I'm wondering if they're going to move back under these bridges once the project is complete.

Nice shot orange87. 

Does anyone know if the retention pond behind OUC is permanent? I remember discussions about extending Boone Ave past Anderson and connecting to Sylvia Lane (which you can see in the lower left of the photo), but a pond would negate that.

Does anyone else recall any conversation about this?

11 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

Nice shot orange87. 

Does anyone know if the retention pond behind OUC is permanent? I remember discussions about extending Boone Ave past Anderson and connecting to Sylvia Lane (which you can see in the lower left of the photo), but a pond would negate that.

Does anyone else recall any conversation about this?

I recall a conversation about the pond, but not the specifics of it you speak of.

I doubt they'll get rid of the pond, though. 

Hopefully they'll landscape around it a little.

1 hour ago, codypet said:

image.thumb.png.1e6d8a5d89ab492a7bbfeabe6d049e3d.png

Sylvia Ln extends to Boone per the I-4 Plans

Maybe we're talking about two different spots.

The retention pond I was talking about is the one across South St from ChuStrePla (blue circle)...

sylvlnretpnd.png

The Sylvia Ln extension (yellow line) crosses over something, but I'm not sure it's a retention pond.