Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

7 hours ago, codypet said:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-suntrust-banks-merger-0207-story.html

Uh oh!  Another big tower is about to lose its name.

Interestingly, Sun Banks were bigger than both Trust and BB&T but notice that Orlando is not mentioned as a headquarters of any kind (of course, we knew that from the huge downsizing to the new building). 

I wonder if they’re locked in to the new Church St. space or if they can just move to Citrus Center (CNA) with BB&T.

Charlotte is the major beneficiary here, while Atlanta loses a Fortune 500 corporate HQ. This after Atlanta recently lost First Data to Fiserv.

https://www.ajc.com/business/atlanta-suntrust-merge-with-shift-charlotte/fd8FnKXo2n7BYZMje0O8zI/amp.html

From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution 

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jernigan said:

SunTrust and BB&T are merging - this building will have a different name by the time it opens 

I think it will retire the trophy for most names before opening.

Wouldn’t it be fun if they decided to go to Citrus Center with BB&T and passed the new building along to BoA. OBJ would be wrong again!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Hello from a Nashville UPer who visits Orlando regularly!  While visiting the Citrus Club yesterday morning, I snapped this shot of the Church Street Plaza building.  This side looks quite different from the glass on the other side.  I'll go back and look at the renderings to see how closely this matches.  BTW, the views from the Citrus Club are sweet!

TCB-2019-12-13.thumb.jpg.27980ee1d7d9a2793f4b9479a109c897.jpg

mrbond.jpg

:shades:

• Haha 2

Speaking of the Citrus Club, I wonder if the University Club has gotten settled in its new digs at Modera yet. Also, there had been talk about broadening UC’ s base with its new facilities (and perhaps finally allowing more than the tiniest hint of diversity in their ranks).

If so, I’m curious how things are faring between the two.

1 hour ago, Mr_Bond said:

Hello from a Nashville UPer who visits Orlando regularly!  While visiting the Citrus Club yesterday morning, I snapped this shot of the Church Street Plaza building.  This side looks quite different from the glass on the other side.  I'll go back and look at the renderings to see how closely this matches.  BTW, the views from the Citrus Club are sweet!

TCB-2019-12-13.thumb.jpg.27980ee1d7d9a2793f4b9479a109c897.jpg

I'm digging CSP's irregular vertical lines against Amway's irregular horizontal lines.  A nice exercise in contextualism. 

• Like 3