Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

1 hour ago, TheGolfFather said:

Hello all, here are some crude drawings/edits to show height. Looking from the south from the viewers perspective this will appear as tall as 55 West.

CSP MODEL 1.png

CSP MODEL 2.png

Hey GolfDaddy!

I like those. Simple, but accurate and get the job done re: illustration of final height.

Here are some somewhat crude offerings I posted further back in this thread...

190107-141705.png&key=d44a6c8ec0d19dbad2

chustrepla011319c.jpg&key=075786e7424379

cspi4eb2.jpg&key=e9ee5580d8f559a88056b0f

Greetings too, btw.:hi:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How likely is it that phase 2 of this project actually happens? Especially considering the SunTrust and BB&t merger?

Phase 2 is slated to have 200,000 square feet of class A office space. The problem with that is that the Orlando Magic are building office space, as well as the proposed tower at Roslyn and Church Street . So how much space is really needed downtown versus the new available space after the merger that would allow any more commercial space to even be constructed?

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 1

I would say, not very likely IAFB. . . had a similar comment RE: commercial real estate on the other thread. I just hope they continue with the train station on the ground floor. If I recall, the footprint of the phase 1 building is not wide enough to fit the whole SunRail station, and they were relying upon phase 2 to have enough room for a full stop. 

I hope they move forward with the SunRail connection before getting full funding and construction of Phase 2.  It would really help SunRail and DT to get some synergy between the train and the actual office space and hotel instead of a "station" next to a highway off-ramp and retention pond.  

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

How likely is it that phase 2 of this project actually happens? Especially considering the SunTrust and BB&t merger?

Phase 2 is slated to have 200,000 square feet of class A office space. The problem with that is that the Orlando Magic are building office space, as well as the proposed tower at Roslyn and Church Street . So how much space is really needed downtown versus the new available space after the merger that would allow any more commercial space to even be constructed?

dcluley98 may be correct.  But, I have a colleague who is a commercial broker and he was gung  ho about this project- the Phase II portion, because he wants to move into it from Sanctuary.  And he was certain about this project before they even broke ground on Phase I.  I am going to talk to him about it again to see where he sees things going with the local economy since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That would be great. If they get pre-leased, then it will go. There is a lot of inventory coming online for commercial office space, but that doesn't mean this can't be built. A company may rather have a high-profile brand new space in a new tower with amenities and adjacent to SunRail and Church Street, a prime location, rather than do a fit-out in an older tower. It's all up to the demand for the space and the ability to finance based upon commitments from the potential tenants and the pro-forma. 

• Like 1

I’d think they could build a platform that meets FTA standards even if Phase 2 got stalled.   There’s really not much to the basic SunRail platform.   

Id also imagine they could operate trains even while phase 2 gets built since stuff gets built adjacent to train stations in other cities 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'd love to see them use the ballroom building as a train station.

Remodel the east facing wall adjacent to the tracks, build a covered platform, large glass doors, stained glass windows, benches, etc, etc, etc.

Make it look like a grand old turn of the century train station.

It would blend right into the rest of Church Street and the old train station.

The JFW I know would want to bulldoze the ballroom. This account must be hacked!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'd love to see them use the ballroom building as a train station.

Maybe you knew this when you posted, but that actually is the history of much of the ballrooms interior. Bob Snow purchased the benches, brass railings, bars, wood panels, etc from a old train depot in Europe ( I believe Germany or Austria) and used them in the buildout of the ballroom and other areas of the complex. Wouldn't it be great if CSP created a sense of fake history using Bob's pieces of fake history...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

The JFW I know would want to bulldoze the ballroom. This account must be hacked!

Naaawwww, not at all!!!!

The recently constructed and perfectly usable Church Street Ballroom is a completely different situation than the dilapidated Woolworth's and McCrorys buildings were. And a train station would IMO, be the perfect use for it. It's in the exact right spot and with minimal alterations, could be turned into a real showpiece.

Besides, that spot doesn't need another modern high rise office building. The corner of Orange and Church was screaming for one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

Maybe you knew this when you posted, but that actually is the history of much of the ballrooms interior. Bob Snow purchased the benches, brass railings, bars, wood panels, etc from a old train depot in Europe ( I believe Germany or Austria) and used them in the buildout of the ballroom and other areas of the complex. Wouldn't it be great if CSP created a sense of fake history using Bob's pieces of fake history...

I knew Bob Snow used a lot of old antique furnishings etc when he opened the original Rosie O'Grady's and the Cheyenne Saloon, so I suppose I kind of figured he probably did the same with the ballroom, but I can't say that I "knew it" in a factual sense though.

Interesting and all the more reason to keep the place and turn it into a train station. 

What is the matter with these people anyway???? 

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Naaawwww, not at all!!!!

The recently constructed and perfectly usable Church Street Ballroom is a completely different situation than the dilapidated Woolworth's and McCrorys buildings were. And a train station would IMO, be the perfect use for it. It's in the exact right spot and with minimal alterations, could be turned into a real showpiece.

Besides, that spot doesn't need another modern high rise office building. The corner of Orange and Church was screaming for one.

I suppose in a city known for faux-facades, one shouldn’t expect everyone to rally behind actual historic facades like the streamline modern McCorys yet should expect those same people to champion buildings of no relevance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

I suppose in a city known for faux-facades, one shouldn’t expect everyone to rally behind actual historic facades like the streamline modern McCorys yet should expect those same people to champion buildings of no relevance

Neither of those buildings were "historic" and their relevance is solely a matter of opinion. Obviously yours and mine differ on that point.

I recall when I was against tearing down the two old buildings on the SW corner of Eola Park in order to plunk an ugly high rise monstrosity in their place, I got some backlash over that, too.

And very little support from some here who claim to be staunchly pro-preservation.

Whatever. :dontknow:

Edited by JFW657

6 hours ago, AmIReal said:

So, if Phase II does in fact get built, what do you think Lincoln will do with all of that stuff?  Repurpose it into a new or other project?  Auction it?  Hopefully not toss it, right?

9 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Neither of those buildings were "historic" and their relevance is solely a matter of opinion. Obviously yours and mine differ on that point.

I recall when I was against tearing down the two old buildings on the SW corner of Eola Park in order to plunk an ugly high rise monstrosity in their place, I got some backlash over that, too.

Whatever. :dontknow:

I kinda look forward to proposals on already-vacant lots, as do most of us.  Then, these conflicts don't come into play...  CSP, Aspire, etc...shoot, throw in 55W as well b/c it was just a 2 story Jungle Jim's & Howl retail plaza, which more or less still exists underneath.

The Ballroom... wow...I'm so torn on that one.

• Like 1