Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

I would like to see that the entire building was wrapped with this white non symetric wall treatment instead of the blue glass in the front. But I guessed that would make it a non- great value engineering if they have to source different size of glass to fill the gaps

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

I would like to see that the entire building was wrapped with this white non symetric wall treatment instead of the blue glass in the front. But I guessed that would make it a non- great value engineering if they have to source different size of glass to fill the gaps

That might look pretty interesting. 

I noticed over the weekend that coming in from the South on I-4, the stepback for the hotel position of the building reveals the top of the old SunTrust building perfectly as you come through the interchange. Some were worried that we'd lose that iconic part of the skyline for travelers coming through Downtown, but it looks like we will get SunTrusts new and old as part of that vista. 

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, sunshine said:

I wish this building was a rainbow unicorn poop factory wrapped in glitter.  Someone get Bungalower on the line, this idea will make millions I tell you!

• Haha 2

That's cool and all, but why the hell would they put SunTrust on there now? Still don't know what BB&T/SunTrust final name will be. It would be sheer stupidity to go forward with this right now. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2019/03/19/suntrust-bb-t-still-working-on-new-name-ceo-rogers.html

SunTrust Banks Inc. CEO Bill Rogers says he doesn’t yet know what the name of his company will be after it merges with BB&T Corp..

“There’s a very exciting process we are working on,” said Rogers, speaking Monday as the SunTrust Foundation presented the Westside Future Fund with a $5 million donation to support more affordable housing and provide entrepreneurial and small business opportunities for community residents.

“We are working with a firm,” Rogers said. “We are getting lots of input. It’ a culture-building moment.”

SunTrust and BB&T said in their merger announcement Feb. 7 that the combined company will have a new, yet-to-be-determined name.

Edited by dcluley98

4 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

That's cool and all, but why the hell would they put SunTrust on there now? Still don't know what BB&T/SunTrust final name will be. It would be sheer stupidity to go forward with this right now. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2019/03/19/suntrust-bb-t-still-working-on-new-name-ceo-rogers.html

SunTrust Banks Inc. CEO Bill Rogers says he doesn’t yet know what the name of his company will be after it merges with BB&T Corp..

“There’s a very exciting process we are working on,” said Rogers, speaking Monday as the SunTrust Foundation presented the Westside Future Fund with a $5 million donation to support more affordable housing and provide entrepreneurial and small business opportunities for community residents.

“We are working with a firm,” Rogers said. “We are getting lots of input. It’ a culture-building moment.”

SunTrust and BB&T said in their merger announcement Feb. 7 that the combined company will have a new, yet-to-be-determined name.

Oddly enough for bankers, they seem to treat signage like a sunk cost.

When NationsBank bought Barnett, the talks with BoA were well under way and everyone expected to keep the San Francisco bank name with history and cachet.

Sure enough, they pulled down all the Barnett signs, replaced them with NationsBank ones and within a year changed them all again.

The sheer value of bank signs thrown away since acquisitions got really going in the ‘70’s probably approaches Venezuela’s national debt.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was starting college then when that happened.  I always thought about getting into the sign business after I saw that.  I should have because when the downturn happened, bank mergers started the musical chairs of signs all over again.  Remember First Union, Wachovia, Wells Fargo?  Or Washington Mutual Chase? Or National City PNC?  Or  Orange Bank, Floridian Bank, First Green Bank, Seacoast Bank.   Or Merrill Lynch,  Country Wide, MBNA, Bank of America. Ehhh I can't keep up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, codypet said:

I was starting college then when that happened.  I always thought about getting into the sign business after I saw that.  I should have because when the downturn happened, bank mergers started the musical chairs of signs all over again.  Remember First Union, Wachovia, Wells Fargo?  Or Washington Mutual Chase? Or National City PNC?  Or  Orange Bank, Floridian Bank, First Green Bank, Seacoast Bank.   Or Merrill Lynch,  Country Wide, MBNA, Bank of America. Ehhh I can't keep up.

We just have to face facts. When it’s all over Jamie Dimon will own America.

54 minutes ago, codypet said:

wow.  great memory on that stuff

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

wow.  great memory on that stuff

Definitely, but he did leave one bank out of the Atlantic Bank, First Union, Wachovia, Wells Fargo line of succession.

wallstplzmid80s.jpg

I remember that one because I still have the checking account I opened with Atlantic Bank in 1986.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1