Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

4 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

For my money, they have yet to best Orlando's original "signature tower"....

cnaorl.jpg

I know you’re being facetious but I really have always liked it. The cantilever design is kinda interesting. It’s definitely a product of its time but I think it hasn’t held up badly at all.

It’s definitely better than the Southeast Bank Building (Capital Plaza 1) which was just a boring glass box (at the time it didn’t even have the visor it got when Cap Plaza 2 was added).

Edited by spenser1058

7 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I know you’re being facetious but I really have always liked it. The cantilever design is kinda interesting. It’s definitely a product of its time but I think it hasn’t held up badly at all.

It’s definitely better than the Southeast Bank Building (Capital Plaza 1) which was just a boring glass box (at the time it didn’t even have the visor it got when Cap Plaza 2 was added).

No, actually I wasn't.

I like that building better than any other high rise building currently standing downtown.

Call me crazy.

Oh yeah, you already do anyway..... :w00t:

Oh wait, I forgot about the courthouse.

CNA is second.

Nevermind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2019 at 2:45 PM, Uncommon said:

Far be it from me to dump on any person’s opinion, but you think this building is better-looking than The Vue?? Or Sun Trust building? Every other building is forgettable.

I find The Vue immensely forgettable.  Would take CSP over it every day.  Hell, its neighbor Aspire is significantly better than The Vue IMO

9 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

I find The Vue immensely forgettable.  Would take CSP over it every day.  Hell, its neighbor Aspire is significantly better than The Vue IMO

The Vue is better from a distance just because of it's size. It creates an imposing and even kind of impressive rectangular mass on the skyline. Up close it's more meh.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm the weird one here that I don't care about height and skyline to a lesser degree.  I want fun designs and infill.  I love BoA because of it's distinctiveness.  I like Morgan and Morgan because it is rotated 45 degrees.  I don't think we're ever going to have an impressive skyline, and I'm fine with that.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

Yeah, I'm the weird one here that I don't care about height and skyline to a lesser degree.  I want fun designs and infill.  I love BoA because of it's distinctiveness.  I like Morgan and Morgan because it is rotated 45 degrees.  I don't think we're ever going to have an impressive skyline, and I'm fine with that.

If by impressive you mean a tight cluster of 40-50 story buildings I would agree and go even further by saying I hope we never have that, at least in my lifetime. Orlando's downtown is nicer as a smaller scale inner city.  One or two 40's and a couple more 30's wouldn't be bad though.

• Like 1

So according the OBJ, Lincoln Properties is currently calling the second tower "T2 at Church Street Station"

Get to working on it JFW -might I suggest https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/ 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/06/10/heres-when-this-downtown-orlando-food-hall-may.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

I don’t think that’s weird at all. In fact, some of the most impressive urban cities in the world don’t have major high rise clusters - a few being Mexico City, Paris, Barcelona..

10 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

I don’t think that’s weird at all. In fact, some of the most impressive urban cities in the world don’t have major high rise clusters - a few being Mexico City, Paris, Barcelona..

Mexico City has Reforma and Santa Fe

Barcelona has Diagonal Mar and Paris has La Defense. Also they have interesting and high quality archictecture new built low rise. Orlando has carbon copied value engineering boxes. Just look at Austin, their taller skyscrapers are more interesting than us. Even Disney has gone value engineering in their new offering of hotels.

Back to this building, the exterior is what you would be expected from Baker Barrios and typical Orlando standard, but the massing is just horrible and they did nothing to try to hide or correct it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, spenser1058 said:

Citicorp Center!!!

• Like 1

The new name of SunTrust/BB&T after the merger will be "Truist Financial".

Sounds like a religious sect or something, lol. 

So how about "Truist Plaza at Church Street Station" (F.K.A. SunTrust Plaza at Church Street Station, F.K.A. Church Street Plaza, F.K.A. Tremont Tower) . . .

Colloquially  known as "The Truist Piano"!

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17542929-merger-equals-bb-and-t-suntrust-will-create-truist

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

The new name of SunTrust/BB&T after the merger will be "Truist Financial".

Sounds like a religious sect or something, lol. 

So how about "Truist Plaza at Church Street Station" (F.K.A. SunTrust Plaza at Church Street Station, F.K.A. Church Street Plaza, F.K.A. Tremont Tower) . . .

Colloquially  known as "The Truist Piano"!

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/17542929-merger-equals-bb-and-t-suntrust-will-create-truist

Well, the name sure doesn’t do much for me - hopefully I’ll like the logo.

I checked in with someone with good SunTrust sources and no word on the logo yet. Since the name is probably my least favorite bank name of all time (I hate nonsense names seemingly spit out of a computer with the sole desire of not offending anyone; if a sentient being came up with it, it’s even worse), the logo needs to be really spiffy to sit up there on top of The Piano.