Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

the connection is that, that's the lot.They are also moving into that building therefore would want it to be iconic.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:43 PM, JFW657 said:

Nothing out there yet.

Guys I am praying that this is it! Now...join me in prayer...

On 7/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, popsiclebrandon said:

Do we have a rending of tower 2?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

if built like that...it looks like a NYC, Brickell, quality building IMO

9 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

If they build that  I’m telling you I’m kissing someone’s foot 

On 4/30/2015 at 3:30 PM, bic said:

I'm a huge fan of this proposal. The scale and design is just right for this area, it fills in the skyline nicely, eliminates a surface parking lot on a prominent corner, improves the SunRail experience at Church St., provides more parking for the arena, brings in more hotel rooms and office space, looks sleek and different from the typical Orlando vernacular, and should look great from I-4.

On 4/30/2015 at 3:33 PM, CaptainJustice said:

Love this propisal.

Nice height, location is excellent.

Now it makes sense why Hyatt had not started conatruction yet.

I certainly hope this goes forward.

On 4/30/2015 at 4:31 PM, RedStar25 said:

Love this building!

On 4/30/2015 at 4:50 PM, shardoon said:

kind of has a panorama tower feel from las vegas

On 5/1/2015 at 12:23 AM, W7edwin said:

:silly: Yes please! Love the style, its my favorite type of design!

On 5/1/2015 at 8:24 AM, HankStrong said:

NOT IN MY BACKYARD!

Hehe.  Just kidding.  I like it, especially for what it replaces.

On 5/1/2015 at 9:41 AM, FLClarkKent said:

I like it a lot. Sleek design, and good mix of hotel and office space. And the additional parking makes sense, too. Seems like a well thought out business plan. Hope it moves forward. The hotel will be shot in the arm for businesses on Church Street. Great for restaurants to have hungry hotel guests right next door.

On 5/1/2015 at 10:27 AM, prahaboheme said:

A significant improvement over the Hyatt plan.  Finally a proposal with decent height and a small footprint.

It seems to blend in the many elements of the location -- mass transit, mixed-use, pedestrian activity, and a tip-of-the hat the arena on the other side of the highway.

This could very quickly jump to the top of my list of favorites for downtown development. 

The RIDA folks up the street could learn a thing or two from this proposal.

On 5/1/2015 at 6:36 PM, jrs2 said:

I like it.  Dynetech's cousin.

It will look great.  I get the concerns about CSS and the CNL "look" etc, but, it won't matter much.  Take Chicago; the Daley Center is next door to the Courthouse; you can't get more contrast than that.  Same with the Federal Center to, well, every old bldg in the Loop.

It's pretty. compliments Amway.

It's actually going to be the tallest downtown hotel bldg.

On 5/3/2015 at 10:06 PM, Nick@Night said:
On 4/30/2015 at 4:50 PM, shardoon said:

kind of has a panorama tower feel from las vegas

Thought the same thing. Liking this proposal.

On 5/19/2015 at 11:57 AM, cwetteland said:

The building has some style to it, I'll give you that. However, it really doesn't fit well with the surrounding buildings.  The CNL look (including city hall) has dominated this part of downtown.  I think it is also a tip of the hat to the Angebilt. The Hyatt design incorporated that look into its lower 7-8 floors so that it really fit in nicely with the neighborhood.  This building would look nice across I-4 near the Magic complex or as an initial building in Creative Village.  It also fits in well with the Orlando Health campus.  But in this location it's an eyesore.

On 5/19/2015 at 6:10 PM, AndyPok1 said:

Yeah, I think it is quite beautiful, and some of the most charming things is when there is new architecture rising above old.  That's the least of my concerns.

Here's 12 quotes from the first two pages of this thread that are all almost uniformly positive.  This is a good building.  It always was a good building.  It will be a good building.  We're lucky to have it as the new gateway to downtown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orlandouprise said:

BB can draw up an iconic building like that. Financing could also be in place too. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the city told them to tone it down and we end up getting a box with a visor.........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Is there something in there claiming that to be T2? I'm not seeing the connection.

If you look closely at the picture, you can tell by the location that it is.

Brohawk building right next to it and SunTrust tower, Seaside and old CNA building in background.

4 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

405587664_BBT2.png.55b398b5a027aa01ee95b2997d378ab4.png

I take back everything bad I have ever said about Baker Barrios if T2 actually is built like the rendering. Finally IMO an iconic building to serve as a gateway into the city. A signature building. My only wish is a rooftop bar/restaurant for the city to enjoy and the Citrus Club one floor below that. No wonder BB is moving in to this building. Slow clap my friends...

Ummmm Yes please!

27 minutes ago, shardoon said:

BB can draw up an iconic building like that. Financing could also be in place too. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the city told them to tone it down and we end up getting a box with a visor.........

IDK, the city is the least of my worries because it seems like the ARB is hungry for something that isn't "a hideous, bare-bones garage in the middle of our downtown" lol. I would think the market & financing will have a greater influence on what we actually end up with. I believe T2 is supposed to have a residential component in addition to commercial (similar to Aspire, FKA Dynatech Centre), so the only thing I'm a bit skeptical about is people wanting to rent next to I-4 & train tracks at a higher rental premium... But then again 55 W seems to be doing pretty well so maybe living in a luxury apartment might make up for any shortcomings. It will be interesting to see how things play out. Fingers crossed.

Kudos to @orlandouprise for the find!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Kudos to @orlandouprise for the find! 

*tips the hat. Thank you sir

Now, this thing of beauty just has to come to fruition and we will have our iconic tower in a prime location

This tower, Zoi and X will have nice impact on our density and skyline. Cant wait for the food hall on Church,  the AC hotel,the DPAC phase 2, Magnolia Hotel  and the MEC to be all open. Our little DT is taking shape quite nicely.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, bqknight said:

If they pull that off...slow clap. 

Imma rain on everyone's parade now.  Highly doubtful a client would let an architect use renderings in their marketing material before they've used them in their own material first.  I'll place a bet that this was a rejected design, albeit quite daring for Orlando and demonstrates the talent they have when not constrained by the budgets of the market they work in. 

17 hours ago, Urban25 said:

I think I like this building more from the side

34D1EF0C-BCB5-47FE-8EFC-3341754CE33D.jpeg

B543E449-B1FB-4C52-9653-14F4D41AE004.jpeg

It really is a building that wouldn't look out of place in Buckhead, Atlanta, circa 1998.  Just put a "bakery" serving soup in a bread bowl on the bottom floor, with occasional sightings of Elton John without his wig, and you're got Atlanta's ritziest address!

Edited by jliv

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Phase I is not generic, it is bad looking building. The rendering looked interesting but it is without a parking pedestral at the bottom.  What is that little grey building wedge between the both high rises?

In your opinion.

The thing at the bottom is almost certainly some kind of connecting lobby or pass through. If it were ever built, it would likely have windows or be covered in all glass.

1 hour ago, jliv said:

Imma rain on everyone's parade now.  Highly doubtful a client would let an architect use renderings in their marketing material before they've used them in their own material first.  I'll place a bet that this was a rejected design, albeit quite daring for Orlando and demonstrates the talent they have when not constrained by the budgets of the market they work in. 

It really is a building that wouldn't look out of place in Buckhead, Atlanta, circa 1998.  Just put a "bakery" serving soup in a bread bowl on the bottom floor, with occasional sightings of Elton John without his wig, and you're got Atlanta's ritziest address!

I don't understand why everyone is raving about it being so awesome.

Personally, I don't care for those "Jenga" buildings and I hope this design for T2 doesn't survive.

Just another architectural fad afaic.

12 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

In your opinion.

The thing at the bottom is almost certainly some kind of connecting lobby or pass through. If it were ever built, it would likely have windows or be covered in all glass.

Personally, I don't care for those "Jenga" buildings and I hope this design for T2 doesn't survive.

we are raving because this would be the greatest building ever constructed in metro Orlando. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

In your opinion.

I think it represents a huge shift from the norm. Orlando has so many blah buildings. I think this new building would at least make Orlando somewhat recognizable and distinguish it from say Tulsa or Sacramento.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

I think it represents a huge shift from the norm. Orlando has so many blah buildings. I think this new building would at least make Orlando somewhat recognizable and distinguish it from say Tulsa or Sacramento.

Until they built one too.... ;)

• Like 1