Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

ok, so now I'll say something positive about CSP.  

Along with 111 (Aspire/ Dynetech), Star Tower, 101 Eola, 801 N. Orange, and CitiTower, it is the next building in downtown built fully on top of its garage. 

The Plaza technically is also built that way; the 11th floor is on top of all floor plates including the garage under Sloaire (even though it is only one floor).  55W is fully on top of its garage, but its garage is only partially covered by 55W.  Same with Modera I believe.

Why is this a thing?  More efficient use of space is all...

Ok.  drove by CSP this am.  From South & Garland, it looks pretty sharp.  The lobby level is being built out; the glass is mostly in. 

Aside from my recurring rant about height or lack thereof, it's a great project because of which block it is in.  It's a gateway project, but it also kind of hides the parking garage cluster from Suntrust and Lincoln, which make the Garland corridor look like a back road to Orange Ave (mostly because the tracks are there as well)..  CSP changes that and reestablishes Garland as a viable downtown corridor for downtown commerce.  It really does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like that "brohawk" style building design with a notch cut out for an open air deck area is becoming a thing...

As I recall, someone posted a pic or rendering of a very similar design here on UP, possibly in another thread, and I came across this one...

2.jpg

Somewhere in South America, I believe.

Maybe we're a trendy city afterall.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Looks like that "brohawk" style building design with a notch cut out for an open air deck area is becoming a thing...

As I recall, someone posted a pic or rendering of a very similar design here on UP, possibly in another thread, and I came across this one...

2.jpg

Somewhere in South America, I believe.

Maybe we're a trendy city afterall.

That's nice looking building. I love really tall skyscrapers and all and I'm not saying we need a super tall but one or two seven hundred Footers would really put a nice touch on our tiny Skyline and I hope that happens one day

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 2

The building looks pretty nice up close and from certain angles but I take the 408 eastbound to get home from Winter Garden and man, CSP looks awful right around the OBT and I-4 exits. It looks so fat and wide and it seems to block the view of almost all our other buildings. Sigh. I really hope phase 2 makes it look better.

^^

looking at those shots that Iamfloridaborn posted, it is even more clear why 55W changed their color scheme to the hues of blue.  sans the brickwork underneath, and a few old buildings along Church St. if Phase II or T2 actually does get built, the blues, greys, and metallic hues will take over the tans. 

• Like 1

The largest office relocation in downtown Orlando this year won’t happen as scheduled, which likely will affect other company moves in the urban core.

Atlanta-based SunTrust Banks Inc. (NYSE: STI) plans to shift its Orlando headquarters into the still-under-construction SunTrust Plaza at Church Street Station by December, SunTrust spokesman Thomas Crosson said. Previously, the largest bank in Central Florida expected to make its 90,000-square-foot move by August with its roughly 250,000 square feet of former office space opening up by October.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jvest55 said:

The largest office relocation in downtown Orlando this year won’t happen as scheduled, which likely will affect other company moves in the urban core.

Atlanta-based SunTrust Banks Inc. (NYSE: STI) plans to shift its Orlando headquarters into the still-under-construction SunTrust Plaza at Church Street Station by December, SunTrust spokesman Thomas Crosson said. Previously, the largest bank in Central Florida expected to make its 90,000-square-foot move by August with its roughly 250,000 square feet of former office space opening up by October.

Uh. Duh? The building isn’t ready to be occupied yet.

am I missing something?  

SunTrust is supposed to move into the new CSP Building, but they don't have any interior finishes done yet and won't until December, apparently. Because of that, there is a domino effect because BOA and WeWork were going to move into the old SunTrust Building spaces, with WeWork doing multiple renovations of 200 S Orange the "Former SunTrust Building" and then the "Former BOA Building" was going to do renovations to entice new tenants to move into that. 

Delay of Phase I does not necessarily delay Phase II. That is not the critical path to begin Phase II. Phase II is not even masterplanned or designed yet. The real impetus to begin Phase II will be securing prospective tenants. After that, they will run numbers for the financing and go forward with the design and permitting process. If BakerBarrios is for sure going to be a Tenant in Phase II as planned, they are probably already working on architectural planning in the background along with the developer without releasing them to the public. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Personally, I won't mind if phase 2 gets delayed for awhile.

I'm not sure I like the idea of cramming another building in there.

At least not right away.

I'd like for the piano be allowed to stand there by itself for awhile. 

Give it time to become a familiar part of the skyline in its own right.

13 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

SunTrust is supposed to move into the new CSP Building, but they don't have any interior finishes done yet and won't until December, apparently. Because of that, there is a domino effect because BOA and WeWork were going to move into the old SunTrust Building spaces, with WeWork doing multiple renovations of 200 S Orange the "Former SunTrust Building" and then the "Former BOA Building" was going to do renovations to entice new tenants to move into that. 

Delay of Phase I does not necessarily delay Phase II. That is not the critical path to begin Phase II. Phase II is not even masterplanned or designed yet. The real impetus to begin Phase II will be securing prospective tenants. After that, they will run numbers for the financing and go forward with the design and permitting process. If BakerBarrios is for sure going to be a Tenant in Phase II as planned, they are probably already working on architectural planning in the background along with the developer without releasing them to the public. 

What does BOA have to do with anything here? They moved like a month or two ago and not into that building. Its been open for a while there.

• Like 1