Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

If I read it correctly, phase 3 is a food hall at the existing space of the Orchid Garden and Bumby building. My question is not if these buildings will be replaced rather if the existing tenants will be evicted for an adaptive reuse of the space.

Hamburger Marys took a chance on Church Street when it was essentially a ghost town — it would be sad to see them go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

If I read it correctly, phase 3 is a food hall at the existing space of the Orchid Garden and Bumby building. My question is not if these buildings will be replaced rather if the existing tenants will be evicted for an adaptive reuse of the space.

Hamburger Marys took a chance on Church Street when it was essentially a ghost town — it would be sad to see them go.

This is the same food hall we discussed back in April and May. It is going in the space behind Mary's and Pepe's (may consume Pepe's)- the space that was previously el Buda and extends toward Cheyenne. The brochure on the following LoopNet listing calls the Mary's space "anchor restaurant" and since they are discussing side entrances along the rail I assume they are not impacting the street property.

https://bungalower.com/2019/04/30/food-hall-pitched-for-church-streets-bumby-arcade/

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-food-hall-church-street-20190430-story.html

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/110-128-W-Church-St-Orlando-FL/9625567/

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Indeed they did and. at the time when Bob Snow was reopening Cheyenne he made the comment he didn’t think Mary’swas particularly what he wanted to see on Church St. Included in the comments was more than a hint of veiled homophobia. Of course, when Cheyenne crashed and burned while Mary’s weathered the recession nicely, we enjoyed a good bit of schadenfreude.

Fun fact: Mary’s is a franchise (and not a particularly tightly controlled one). Before we ended up with the successful version on Church St., other groups had discussed putting one in the old 60’s era HoJo at OBT and Robinson and perhaps as the restaurant in the Parliament House across the street.

Edited by spenser1058

2 hours ago, smileguy said:

I can see why Baker Barrios lead with the other renderings -- this thing is massive!

And it's not much taller than the brohawk piano either.

Gonna be pretty chunky looking from certain angles.

Would like to see a good high-res, full color rendering. 

As yet, I'm not really all that impressed with it.

Another order of McArchitecture for DTO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Mary’s is in the old Bumby Hardware building which is landmarked. Of course, we know how little that means to Bulldozer Buddy. If that’s in play, I know I’ll contribute to any lawsuit we can muster.

Oh, come now.

Dyer would never even consider bulldozing any part of Church Street Station.

Unless maybe if they were dilapidated old derelicts with little or no historical value like Woolworth's and McCrory's... 

Sorry. Couldn't  resist. ;) :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Fun fact: Mary’s is a franchise (and not a particularly tightly controlled one). Before we ended up with the successful version on Church St., other groups had discussed putting one in the old 60’s era HoJo at OBT and Robinson and perhaps as the restaurant in the Parliament House across the street.

That makes a lot of sense as the consistency across the franchise is sketchy at best. I’ve noticed major differences depending on location — I’ve only been to Orlando, Tampa, and WeHo. They all certainly have their own identity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Bumby Arcade. Details from the listing; almost 54k gross leasable area. 1st floor retail with anchor restaurant and 18 booths. 2nd floor office. Available March 2020. Floor plan below, but some mocks ups on the listing.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/110-128-W-Church-St-Orlando-FL/9625567/

ChurchStfoodhallfloor1.jpg

Is this where that Chicago style pizza place was for a bit?

16 minutes ago, WAJAS98 said:

Is this where that Chicago style pizza place was for a bit?

Yes. That would be booth 9-13.

Btw, that pizza place is now on S. Orange. Brick and Fire.

unless you're talking about when it became another failed pizza place and then a cocktail/ foodie place, then a Latin/ Asian fusion place...

Edited by AmIReal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gibby said:

I'd like to see more about their plans for the courtyard between Phase 2 and the Bumby Arcade.  That could be really cool if they did it right.

I see the floor plan says "courtyard" but I think that is what is there presently- not what is planed. Looking at the renderings from the rail where the entry is there does not appear to be any space between the buildings. Also, looking at the renderings of the of the block I do not see a courtyard included.

Don't get your hopes up.

11 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Yes. That would be booth 9-13.

Btw, that pizza place is now on S. Orange. Brick and Fire.

unless you're talking about when it became another failed pizza place and then a cocktail/ foodie place, then a Latin/ Asian fusion place...

I think the Chicago Pizza is the failed one you mentioned, not Brick and Fire.