Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

49 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

How so?

Isn't the area they're talking about part of CSP? 

Yes. It is booth 8 in the above floorplan. Just to be clear, this food hall space is phase 3 of this Church Street property. Last week when they announced a pending phase 3 we were all wondering where they were going to squeeze in a 3rd building (I wrongly guessed behind phase 1 east of the tracks). THIS is phase 3.

4 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Yes. It is booth 8 in the above floorplan. Just to be clear, this food hall space is phase 3 of this Church Street property. Last week when they announced a pending phase 3 we were all wondering where they were going to squeeze in a 3rd building (I wrongly guessed behind phase 1 east of the tracks). THIS is phase 3.

I thought the foodhall idea was very close to being started? Did I read wrong? Are they starting 3 before 2?

33 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

lol.  isn't that from Edgar Allen Poe?

Sure is.

Because....

nobizlikeshowbiz-2.jpg

There's no stories like Poe stories, like no stories I know.
If you want a tale that is appalling,
If you want to murmur, shriek and cry,
If you want a tale with bodies falling, and spirits calling,
Then Poe's your guy.

There's no stories like Poe stories, they all fill us with woe.
If you want a tale that's filled with death galore,
With spirits tapping on your door,
And some crazy raven shouting "Never more!"
There's no stories like Poe.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, orlandouprise said:

I thought the foodhall idea was very close to being started? Did I read wrong? Are they starting 3 before 2?

Yes. According to their LoopNet post this phase, phase 3, is ready next March. That's likely not true, but it will certainly be ready before phase 2 is started.

12 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Yes. According to their LoopNet post this phase, phase 3, is ready next March. That's likely not true, but it will certainly be ready before phase 2 is started.

In the marketing brochure they are calling the foodhall portion "retail" instead of Phase 3 - probably because it will be done way before Phase 2 even begins. 

If it turns out anything like the brochure - this could truly be awesome. Something I've wanted in Orlando for some time. Need to get the right tenants though to keep people coming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bqknight said:

In the marketing brochure they are calling the foodhall portion "retail" instead of Phase 3 - probably because it will be done way before Phase 2 even begins. 

If it turns out anything like the brochure - this could truly be awesome. Something I've wanted in Orlando for some time. Need to get the right tenants though to keep people coming. 

Any link for this brochure?

• Thanks 1

regarding WeWork: https://www.wsj.com/articles/wework-parent-weighs-slashing-its-valuation-roughly-in-half-11567689174

some excerpts below that are important if you don't have a subscription:

We Co. is considering putting a price tag on its IPO that would value it somewhere in the $20 billion range, potentially at the low end, these people said, less than half of the $47 billion mark where it last raised private capital.

“I’ve heard no bullish views at all,” said Rett Wallace, chief executive of Triton Research, which analyzes pre-IPO companies for investors. “There were Uber bulls, there were Lyft bulls, there were Snap bulls.” He added that “WeWork is exhausting people’s cynicism.”

This one  below is a big red flag as an investor - in an all-hands meeting with employees Wednesday, Mr. Neumann gave an update on the state of the business and joked that dealing with the Securities and Exchange Commission during the IPO process made him better understand Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Elon Musk, according to people who attended the meeting. Mr. Musk has had high-profile battles with the regulator

We took some steps this week to make its business more palatable to investors. The company added its first female board member and unwound a transaction between the company and Mr. Neumann that had drawn skepticism.

The struggles at We come at a precarious time for SoftBank. The Japanese conglomerate is trying to raise money for a second Vision Fund, the $100 billion tech fund that put billions into We in 2017. Given that first fund’s largest investment was Uber, a poor showing by We in an IPO would be a further blemish for the fund.

Edited by Jvest55
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:12 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

:offtopic:

In the past, some people have complained that it gets annoying to see unrelated posts on a thread thinking it's an update on a development, but IMO the conversational banter is what has kept Orlando UP alive after all these years (especially during lulls in development). I can see both sides of the argument, but the current formula seems to work on this forum.

Personally, I just wish people who post off topic memes/videos would resize them smaller... there is no reason for off topic content to take up an entire screen (and viewers can easily click to enlarge off topic content if interested in viewing them).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

In the past, some people have complained that it gets annoying to see unrelated posts on a thread thinking it's an update on a development, but IMO the conversational banter is what has kept Orlando UP alive after all these years (especially during lulls in development). I can see both sides of the argument, but the current formula seems to work on this forum.

Personally, I just wish people who post off topic memes/videos would resize them smaller... there is no reason for off topic content to take up an entire screen (and viewers can easily click to enlarge off topic content if interested in viewing them).

Huge pictures have always been a pet peeve of mine, too.

That and huge text that goes so far to the right that it forces your browser to zoom out just to contain it on the screen, making everything else miniscule.

But the thing that really frosts my bottom/grinds my gears/boils my taters/etc, etc, etc.... is, let's say someone posts several photos (that's  not the peeve) and also includes some written text/commentary.  Later, someone (or more than one person) comes along and quotes the post in order to respond to the text. But rather than delete the string of photos and just leave the comment they're responding to in the quote, they leave all the photos in the quote too.

Why?????? They're responding to the text, not the photos. We've already seen the photos once and because they're still in the original post, we can go back and look at them all we want to.

After three or four people do that, you have to scroll through the same ten photos three or four or more times. 

Kind of inconsiderate and unnecessary IMO and it gets tiresome every time you visit that page, having to scroll through the same string of photos over and over and over.

/rant.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 4:34 PM, nite owℓ said:

Are my photos too big? 

I wouldn't know because I'm. On the smartphone. 

Please let me know. 

5 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Are my photos too big? 

I wouldn't know because I'm. On the smartphone. 

Please let me know. 

Your photos are fine. Regardless, the site's format changed where it's no longer possible to neatly upload photos anymore anyway. I'm specifically referring to off topic memes/videos etc that take up an entire screen... I don't mind off topic content (and I view when I'm curious), but I don't believe they should be shown prominently within a thread and should be resized in order to be less intrusive to users on the forum who are strictly topic-oriented. Just my 2 cents.