Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

The 2nd tower was approved today by planning board.

"The tower is not subject to Appearance Review Board jurisdiction, but it must clear the city’s Historic Preservation Board to gain permits."

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-planning-board-20191015-2ezjk2mmajcrrlnbr7xqscz2uy-story.html

NG5HM6H6BNGT7IUPJQJH2NEJEA.PNG.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gibby said:

Does anyone know why this is the case?

Because those 2 boards would present differing and even opposing perspectives. Because of the physical attachment to the historic and protected building (Bumby) that board takes the lead. Of course, it is actually City staff that will be driving the review, but they will do it using the HPB guidelines.

BB said the new design provides more reference to architecture from the past. Per GS, "The design is meant to evoke the shape of a classic 1920s-era office building from the side that faces the SunRail station and transform into a modern, almost futuristic design at the northern elevation. " Also of note, "Because it’s slated to receive a density bonus, Lincoln will be required to submit an enhanced landscaping plan, provide a public art component and conform to strict design criteria. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, elefants said:

Does this building require art covering the parking garage or is this one exempt?

I don't think phase 1 required any art because I think it did not need a density bonus

2 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

commercial or residential? Any details?

32 story, 2500 feet retail on ground, 577 parking, 209 hotel rooms with 19 residence that can be converted to hotel, 60k feet ballroom, 210k office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AmIReal said:

The 2nd tower was approved today by planning board.

"The tower is not subject to Appearance Review Board jurisdiction, but it must clear the city’s Historic Preservation Board to gain permits."

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-planning-board-20191015-2ezjk2mmajcrrlnbr7xqscz2uy-story.html

NG5HM6H6BNGT7IUPJQJH2NEJEA.PNG.jpg

this thing looks like crap now...it got Orlandoed..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

This sounds messy and really crappy of the landlord.

Oy. Not good. I love Mary's. Haven't been in a bit but solid burger and of course fun trivia, drag bingo and shows. Had many great moments there. 

Something tells me one way or another they won't be in that space much longer if this story is the case. 

31 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Oy. Not good. I love Mary's. Haven't been in a bit but solid burger and of course fun trivia, drag bingo and shows. Had many great moments there. 

Something tells me one way or another they won't be in that space much longer if this story is the case. 

Yeah haven't been in a long time but used to go every week for trivia. Too bad they just leased Tre Bambine space, that might have been perfect for them.

Sounds like the landlord realized they could basically force them out without a payment and are doing just that. It really sucks.

19 hours ago, AmIReal said:

I don't think phase 1 required any art because I think it did not need a density bonus

32 story, 2500 feet retail on ground, 577 parking, 209 hotel rooms with 19 residence that can be converted to hotel, 60k feet ballroom, 210k office.

19 residence seems like such a weird number. I guess it's basically a farce and the likelihood if them being converted is like 100%.