Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

8 hours ago, shardoon said:

So they managed to make one short and stubby building that much worse by essentially doubling it's girth optically since it will all look like one giant building. 

they managed the impossible...to make an even FATTER wall to block SunTrust views.

43 minutes ago, jliv said:

It's a bloody shame, because they've actually been a rare success story on Church Street.  Plus, drag!  

so are they pushing out Pepe's Cantina too?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

The "fins" certainly provided a nice detail. The glass side has never been my problem with this building. The piano key side still doesn't look good to me.

Funny, the "piano key side"  is the side that I like and would love to see the entire building of it and remove the glass side. It is very mid century feel and impactful. But the bigger issue of this building is the combination of both and the disproportion of the entire building. It would definitly help if the narrow part is 10 stories taller. If the building does not have the "piano key side" and replaced with glass, it will look even more weired

The fact that we are talking about it makes it good, in general. 

You don't talk about things that are bland and uninspired. 

I wish the top half was taller, rivaling the building formerly known as SunTrust, but overall, the design is intriguing, IMHO. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

Funny, the "piano key side"  is the side that I like and would love to see the entire building of it and remove the glass side. It is very mid century feel and impactful. But the bigger issue of this building is the combination of both and the disproportion of the entire building. It would definitly help if the narrow part is 10 stories taller. If the building does not have the "piano key side" and replaced with glass, it will look even more weired

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

The fact that we are talking about it makes it good, in general. 

You don't talk about things that are bland and uninspired. 

I wish the top half was taller, rivaling the building formerly known as SunTrust, but overall, the design is intriguing, IMHO. 

I think that proportionally, the height/width dimensions of this building as seen from this side, looking east as well as the glass finish, all work just fine for the location right next to I-4. 

3D6E37DF-DE3A-4EF1-B2DD-CC24FAD12DA2.thu

It looks plenty impressive and "big city"  when driving through downtown for me.

• Like 1

^^

I think it's...interesting and very just tale tell of how doomed our society is when you see kids in the crowd in that video.  It reminds me of when I was at  Hungry Howie's way back in the day and this little girl from that community was singing Eazy-E songs...with explicit lyrics.  I love Eazy-E...but kids?

5 hours ago, jrs2 said:

^^

I think it's...interesting and very just tale tell of how doomed our society is when you see kids in the crowd in that video.  It reminds me of when I was at  Hungry Howie's way back in the day and this little girl from that community was singing Eazy-E songs...with explicit lyrics.  I love Eazy-E...but kids?

This song and music video are totally tame compared to the absolute junk that kids today have access to. I say this all the time, the internet has ruined society.

Anyway, not to derail this thread, so back on topic.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

This song and music video are totally tame compared to the absolute junk that kids today have access to. I say this all the time, the internet has ruined society.

Anyway, not to derail this thread, so back on topic.

Meh, kids & young adults are always attracted to bad/prohibited things. That kind of stuff is like junk food: ok to snack on but it shouldn't be your sole source sustenance (unfortunately for some people it is). The problem is that more and more people from ALL communities seem to lack home training and basic etiquette.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Meh, kids & young adults are always attracted to bad/prohibited things. That kind of stuff is like junk food: ok to snack on but it shouldn't be your sole source sustenance (unfortunately for some people it is). The problem is that more and more people from ALL communities seem to lack home training and basic etiquette.

More and more families with both parents working full time jobs to get by. Lack of time spent with kids.