Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

35 minutes ago, Tim3167 said:

At some point maybe e we should start a tower 2 thread. Baker Barrios  posted video flyover video of the project:

I can see why there has been such confusion on the different elevations when posted individually. I think I like this.

Facebook video link

Thanks for the link, the rendering explains a lot.

The new building does look like it might close 90% of the gap here, not entirely a big fan of that. Not sure what to think about the building still. Seems massive 

916648950_ScreenShot2019-10-28at3_33_52PM.thumb.png.ca4bdee6a1c55f89c5f989cf260737d5.png

Edited by Jvest55

• 4 weeks later...

This probably means nothing as banks are notorious for putting up signs on branches they take over and then turning right around and changing them to yet another (I.e., Barnett>NationsBank>BoA), but I found it interesting they went ahead and put up the “SunTrust Plaza” sign over the front door on the Garland Ave. side.

I’d love to think saner heads have prevailed and the wicked witch Truist is dead but that’s probably too much to dream.

Or, some subcontractor just had the sign laying around and didn’t ask any bankers before putting it up...

Edited by spenser1058

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

This probably means nothing as banks are notorious for putting up signs on branches they take over and then turning right around and changing them to yet another (I.e., Barnett>NationsBank>BoA), but I found it interesting they went ahead and put up the “SunTrust Plaza” sign over the front door on the Garland Ave. side.

I’d love to think saner heads have prevailed and the wicked witch Truist is dead but that’s probably too much to dream.

Or, some subcontractor just had the sign laying around and didn’t ask any bankers before putting it up...

Given how nit-picking local govts, both city and county, are about signage and all the permitting required even just to put adhesive vinyl graphics in a store or restaurant window, I kind of doubt they just threw it up there on a whim.

That doesn't mean it's not temporary, though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Given how nit-picking local govts, both city and county, are about signage and all the permitting required even just to put adhesive vinyl graphics in a store or restaurant window, I kind of doubt they just threw it up there on a whim.

That doesn't mean it's not temporary, though.

Get the sign up there so it's a change order when the bank changes its name.  -Contractor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, ucfpatriot18 said:

Shooting for May 2020 Start.  

61C9DAA4-9C09-4E6E-9FDF-394016E170BC.jpeg

That picture just kinda weirds me out... So I don't want to see anyone post about Orlando not having interesting architecture. You are welcome to say ugly architecture, but you can't say its not interesting. 

On a side note, seeing the Cheyenne roofline there looks a little funny.

• Like 3