Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

50 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I really like the idea of natural patina for the "element"  also.  They could do a Corten Steel cladding for a ruddy orangeish/reddish finish  to complement the blue glass color that is similar to Phase I . 

I sure hope somebody at BB is reading these boards. (though probably not the way we bash them all the time, LOL).  Our opinions are wasted upon the internet. Hahaha. 

They certainly sound it sometimes, don't they....?  :alc: 

;)

• 2 weeks later...

For those that can view it, an inside look of CSP1. The offices are complete and the first tenants (Hunton Brady and Truist) are in or in process. The office space is 90% leased.

They will now begin completing the 8 floors of 180 room hotel (AC by Marriott) and the 7500 feet of retail.

The photos outside mention a "potential" Sunrail station... I thought that was a done deal?

CSP2 is expected to break ground by summer and will include more office, more retail (smaller), 228 hotel rooms and... wait for it... roughly 60,000 feet of conference space.

The food hall in the Bumby Arcade is expected Q2 2020 (doubt it).

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/01/07/exclusive-step-inside-this-newly-opened-133m.html?iana=hpmvp_orl_news_headline

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Sunrail Station was always dependent upon Phase II and buildout that is approved by SunRail to move it from South of  there. 

There was not enough footprint in CSP Phase I to fit the whole station  there. 

Thanks. Was not aware of that. As someone in a car always trying to avoid Sunrail passengers running across South St. I sure hope this happens.

• Like 1

This really applies to CSP2, but I don't think we have that thread yet. I guess it could also go under Church St or Restaurants thread... I guess I can cross post it. Mark B has some info on the new food hall going into the Bumby Arcade. Lincoln says they have 50% letters of commitment already out of the 15 food, 3 bar, 1 full serve restaurants planned. No word on who those are. Lots of other details here- https://www.thedailycity.com/post/orlando-food-hall-bumby

Truist bank has released their new branding/logo. . .  And it's PURPLE!  (although darker than the soccer team's purple)

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/banking/article239179823.html

Look for new signage and probably some Purple lights in the future. 

Here's the Logo.  I think it is actually really, really well done from a graphic standpoint. The name itself I thought was kinda bland but with this new logo/branding it is kinda growing on me. 

image.thumb.png.5766d525a63d709c58afac74f28feeb0.png.8066eeae27cb61f32c970386def9b654.png

Here's a pic from the Charlotte Forum showing their headquarters building lit up in purple: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 2:46 PM, JFW657 said:

Looks like some kind of peripheral device plug-in port for a computer or some other electronic thing-a-ma-jig. 

firewire 800 port

On 1/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, dcluley98 said:

That's what I assumed JRS2 was pointing out. Final rendering had screen there with the logo of the OCSC  lion. 

funny, b/c the northern wall has no screens-probably b/c the second tower will connect on those parking levels.  a guest from Chicago saw it and thought it was still u/c because of that.

I wonder if they plan to give Ph2 companies who signed leases (they claim 90% leased) a discount on the side where Ph3 will be built. Most  serious companies sign a 5 year lease. If it were me, i'd negotiate it... but who knows. Gonna be lot of noise there for them. 

Edited by Jvest55

14 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

I wonder if they plan to give Ph2 companies who signed leases (they claim 90% leased) a discount on the side where Ph3 will be built. Most  serious companies sign a 5 year lease. If it were me, i'd negotiate it... but who knows. Gonna be lot of noise there for them. 

I thought Phase III was the food hall?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Here’s an interesting use for the Cheyenne Saloon - Opera!

https://bungalower.com/2020/01/22/opera-meets-western-in-special-performance-at-cheyenne-saloon/

From Bungalower 

I think they should turn it into a western themed saloon style bar.

Maybe have live, big name country music acts perform there.

I bet it would even be a good place to tape a music themed cable TV show from. 

Just a few ideas.

• Like 1