Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

Some facts pulled from the latest GrowthSpotter article on Tremont -

- Article lists tower as 28 stories, 7 floors if office, 5,000 sqft of ground level retail, 10,000 sq ft meeting space, 8 story hotel, 650 parking spots in 9 story garage

- 4.225m in future tax rebates to Lincoln from city

- References SunRail platform being moved from south of South St to site

CRAZY quote that I can't imagine is correct: "Originally when SunRail was planned that platform was envisioned right on Church Street, so this will help realize that goal and become a new south platform for the Church Street station," Lafser said. "The other platform will still be used, but we imagine the one closer to Church Street will become (more popular)." 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

They certainly intend to maximize the use of the land. Has the design changed now that there is meeting space incorporated?

The previous MPB report had the project split into two phases with the Ballroom staying put in the first phase, which was the 25-story tower to be constructed on the parking lot to the south. With the new news of the Ballroom planning to be demolished and a new height listed at 28 stories, that would seem to indicate that either they are planning to move forward with both phases at once or they have a new design that has not yet been released. Upthread there was a link to the last MPB report I recall seeing. 

According to previous OBJ article on March 23, 2016, the building details were listed as:
"25-story hotel/office building on Garland Avenue and South Street next to the Church Street Ballroom.

The tower will feature 214,800 square feet in seven levels of office space and an eight-story, 180-room Hyatt Place hotel on top, plus 8,200 square feet of ground-level retail and 586 spaces in 10 levels of structured parking, as previously reported by Orlando Business Journal."

Several details are different in the different versions of articles.  Not sure at this point whether that means the design has changed or there is just mis-reported information.  I guess we won't know until we see a new report or final plans. 

Edit: Jack pointed out this story was over a year old, I thought it was from March 2017

Edited by dcluley98

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

To be fair, that article was three months old.  I am sure things have changed since then, we just have not seen information officially released. 

Three months and a year. it was from 2016.

• Like 2

Doh, my bad. Edited above as noted. I still see a lot of conflicting details in the current articles between OBJ, OS, Growthspotter. The two linked above for Growthspotter and OS have different story heights and SF for spaces between them. And thanks for pointing that out, Jack, don't mean to misinform anybody! 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

No, different publications are stating different number of stories. The Orlando Sentinel article yesterday 6-27-2017 about the $4 million in incentives says 25 stories (behind paywall but you can do the old "Google the URL and Click it" trick to read the article). That is the most recent article I know of. Other publications said 28. Again, sorry for any confusion. Half of these articles are behind paywalls and disagree with each other, and we haven't seen a real document outlining the new design yet. It is all second-hand reporting.  

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This building is in a GREAT location and is pretty tall by Orlando standards.

Also, this was going to be 325 feet tall when it was 25 stories. Rough math would now estimate this at around 364 feet now that it's going to be 28 stories. If it indeed is at least 364 feet, then it would be the sixth tallest building in downtown Orlando. VERY nice!

Edited by orange87
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Per GS:

- Site work starting next week for the 28 story tower...clearing gravel and pile testing

- Fence going up next week

- E|Spaces has signed on as an office tenant, joining LPC, HuntonBrady and Austin Commercial

- Previous owner, Tremont, was unwilling to move the SunRail station

Are there any updated renderings floating around out there?

^^

Great news. 

If Tremont wasn't willing to move the Sunrail station--"previous owner"-- what does that mean?  Who is the owner now?  And are they willing to move the station?

And/or, does this mean two towers, razed Presidential Ballroom, and no change to the Sunrail SB platform?

3 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

So, I think for sure the second tower is getting built.  Why do I say this?  Because a friend, who is a realtor, is already talking about moving into it.  That's all I know.

I'll go for believing it when I see it. It seems like well over half the buildings downtown floated the idea of a second tower initially (heck, the "Refrigerator" -now Fairwinds - was gonna have four towers!) but, other than Landmark, they just never seem to make it. I think the developers just can't help themselves. Anyway, I'm not opposed to two, so here's hoping. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I'll go for believing it when I see it. It seems like well over half the buildings downtown floated the idea of a second tower initially (heck, the "Refrigerator" -now Fairwinds - was gonna have four towers!) but, other than Landmark, they just never seem to make it. I think the developers just can't help themselves. Anyway, I'm not opposed to two, so here's hoping. 

The Refrigerator!  I love it.  It so is!  Omg.  The Copper Whopper; The Refrigerator... LMFAO.

Yeah, this guy is a big time commercial realtor, so I think he knows...stuff...from the developer directly...   Who knows.  But Lincoln is usually a sure thing, right?

• Like 2