bic

Tremont Tower | 25-Story Office/Hotel [Under Construction]

codypet    128

I was skeptical because the fence in the photo didn't scream construction.   The black linning and fence around Sunrail does.  Keep an eye out for erosion control measures.  That's when we know site work is about to start.

• Like 2

jrs2    380

Based on a weird trend I've noticed with construction around here with successive projects downtown the past few years, I would say that Tremont starts going vertical after Modera tops off.

jrs2    380
38 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Anything new?

yes.  a hovering vulture took a dump 300' up and it dispersed evenly over part of that lot and the tracks.  Then, Sunrail flattened a few of those dump drops that fell on the west-most rail.

orange87    98
1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

yes.  a hovering vulture took a dump 300' up and it dispersed evenly over part of that lot and the tracks.  Then, Sunrail flattened a few of those dump drops that fell on the west-most rail.

Hopefully you licked up the mess.

jrs2    380
On 8/18/2017 at 4:04 PM, orange87 said:

Hopefully you licked up the mess.

I left it as a marker to gage when real activity actually occurs.  I just drove by again...no activity...but I forgot to look up...

So Lincoln bought up all the buildings down to the tracks on that side of Church. I think it would be a shame to knock down some of them but it sounds like that is their plan, depending on how Tremont goes.

codypet    128

I think just the ballroom.  I don't think the rest of the buildings are coming down.  Although they'll forever be in a shadow once the building goes up.

jrs2    380

there is a construction company sign on the fence along Garland near the ballroom as of this am.

metal93    205
2 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

So Lincoln bought up all the buildings down to the tracks on that side of Church. I think it would be a shame to knock down some of them but it sounds like that is their plan, depending on how Tremont goes.

They better not touch the Cheyenne Saloon or the Bumby buildings. Tearing down the ballroom is fine, but I'm not supportive at all of losing those historic buildings. If anything, Lincoln should consider trying to acquire that chunk of land from FDOT on the other side of South Street - the one that's being used as a detention pond and will continue to be used as such even after I-4 Ultimate - I have been fancying a narrow highrise building in that spot connected to Tremont via a bridge over South Street but that'll never happen.

JFW657    1083

Not a chance in hell that the Church St buildings will be demolished.

I'm pretty sure they are protected historical landmarks.

The ballroom went up in the 90's, so it's fair game.

Would be a shame to see it go, though.

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Not a chance in hell that the Church St buildings will be demolished.

I'm pretty sure they are protected historical landmarks.

The ballroom went up in the 90's, so it's fair game.

Would be a shame to see it go, though.

Sentinel article said it might be redeveloped. What that means, who knows. 

codypet    128

Something tells me this is all related to the sale of the Exchange and the buildings on the north side of Church that was written about yesterday.

JFW657    1083
2 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Sentinel article said it might be redeveloped. What that means, who knows. 

I'm pretty sure the public outcry would be deafening if anyone even suggested the possibility of knocking down those buildings.

But then again, I guess you never know.

I would be shocked though.

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Something tells me this is all related to the sale of the Exchange and the buildings on the north side of Church that was written about yesterday.

I'd hate to see The Exchange torn down.

I would love to see it returned to the way it was in it's heyday, back in the 90's.

Or maybe similar, but with a better mix of retail and drinking and dining.

jrs2    380

So, it's Austin Commercial on site.  Still no activity within the fence walls.

dcluley98    537

I think that is the 20 N. Orange project linked in the Downtown Orlando Project Discussion thread: 

Tremont only had a small bank branch and cafe for the Sunrail stop in it, with space for the station amenities and hotel on the ground floor.

Jernigan    1007

Ha looks like both Bungalower and Growthspotter used my hand-cropped image from the HPB report for their stories.   I need to start putting hidden mickeys in these.

• Like 3