1 Brevard - 28 Story Tower at 4th & Brevard in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

Ummm...guys....anyone???

From our good friend Accela.

1 Brevard
• Detailed Scope of Work: 28 story high rise tower with ground floor retail fronting Brevard Street and a portion of 4th Street including a 5 story structured parking a small pocket park on parcel 12502403 to transition between the new building and the existing Historic church. A proposed amenity deck will be located on the 7th story as well as the roof top. Driveway access to the deck will be off of 4th Street with no driveways occurring along Brevard.

This sounds amazing.

This would be the gravel lot on the same block as Hyatt Place.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm...guys....anyone???

This sounds amazing.

Uh holy f-s.................Sounds amazing, and I love the pocket park. Best thing besides the retail is that Fahrenheit will maintain its views. It definitely sounds like residences, and lets hope its condos!

Side note....ugh: the primative baptist church is about to get uglier/bigger

Greater Mt. Moriah Primitive Baptist Church

Erecting a steel metal storage building with brick exterior matching the existing church on a concrete slab foundation along with gutters and matching roof coloring.

No doubt ricky davis is busy calling contacts with brevard street associates....

RDF21 is working on a project that is due in an hour... LOL

There goes my parking lot for Hornets games (I won't complain)

I think it was CLTDevelopment on Twitter posting about someone taking soil samples near here recently. I'm guessing this is what it was for. Do we know if it's residential or office?

There goes my parking lot for Hornets games (I won't complain)

I think it was CLTDevelopment on Twitter posting about someone taking soil samples near here recently. I'm guessing this is what it was for. Do we know if it's residential or office?

Based on the amenity deck on the 7th and rooftop it sounds like residential. I just pray it's not more apartments. Also, that lot (12502403) that it talks about is the entire parking lot, so itll be cool that that will all be a little greenspace.

I feel like this project would provide a great opportunity to make these things awesome! https://goo.gl/maps/yJlNf

Between fahrenheit, hopefully 2 things here, and 1 or 2 at 1 Brevard, this will be a nice little bar corridor. Is that church still in use?

post-29263-0-51216800-1430507509_thumb.p

Why so much hate for apartments?  You guys do realize that urban residential is necessary to have an urban population.   

I would more suspect this one is hotel, but if they are capitalized and can make a 28 story apartment tower happen, then I'm ecstatic.  That area needs more residential for sure.  There are not many units to live in in 2nd Ward.  

If it's a 28 story hotel then that W/Hyatt Regency/JW/<insert big luxury name here> that we've been coveting may very well be happening. I don't have a problem with residential. My preference would be to see condos over apartments however. I think the market is there again. It's whether a developer can get the financing.

Perhaps our friend Ely can find out the scoop for us?

Is that church still in use?

That Church was bought by the Pursuit Group, who did The Trust condos.  They also planned Encore back in they day.  They folded during the recession, and the Church and adjancent historic retail buildings went to the lender (Pursuit Group planned to do a day-care first, then the plan was an events/reception facility)

Back in March, the president of a law firm with an office in South Park bought the 3 historic buildings (including the Church).  I have no idea what the future plans are.  Maybe offices for the firm, maybe just a side real estate investment.

I agree with Dubone, why the hate for apartments?  It seems pretty certain this is either condo or apartment, with only 1 curb-cut on 4th St, and mention of amenity decks.

This will have retail on Brevard and some on 4th.  It eliminates a gravel surface lot.  It has height.  It adds people to 2nd Ward.  It sounds amazing.

Why so much hate for apartments?  You guys do realize that urban residential is necessary to have an urban population.   

I would more suspect this one is hotel, but if they are capitalized and can make a 28 story apartment tower happen, then I'm ecstatic.  That area needs more residential for sure.  There are not many units to live in in 2nd Ward.  

Because people want to buy condos so they can rent them out as apartments? lol

My issue is we have 10000 under construction and 10000 planned....I think we are good on those for now. Need more condos/hotel rooms, BUT I will say, the high-rise apartment projects have been awesome so I am not so against it cause it's high-rise. It's the mid rise I have issues with (Pollack Shores).

If it's a 28 story hotel then that W/Hyatt Regency/JW/<insert big luxury name here> that we've been coveting may very well be happening. I don't have a problem with residential. My preference would be to see condos over apartments however. I think the market is there again. It's whether a developer can get the financing.

Ely and Will are on it I believe ;)

This site will be a W hotel and condo.  JW will be the brand at Tryon Place.  MacCompanies will outbid Pollack Shores for the Stonewall site and resurrect their planned Hyatt Regency.  Loews will be at 300 South Tryon, and the Crescent site at Caldwell and Stonewall will have a Hotel Indigo and Kimpton Hotel.  Also, Grand Bohemian, AC/Residence Inn and the Center City Green hotel will all get built while Levine will continue to claim that a dual branded Canopy and Homewood will get built on his land in two years or so.

There...  All hotel development for downtown Charlotte over the next 5 years summarized in one post.

This site will be a W hotel and condo.  JW will be the brand at Tryon Place.  MacCompanies will outbid Pollack Shores for the Stonewall site and resurrect their planned Hyatt Regency.  Loews will be at 300 South Tryon, and the Crescent site at Caldwell and Stonewall will have a Hotel Indigo and Kimpton Hotel.  Also, Grand Bohemian, AC/Residence Inn and the Center City Green hotel will all get built while Levine will continue to claim that a dual branded Canopy and Homewood will get built on his land in two years or so.

There...  All hotel development for downtown Charlotte over the next 5 years summarized in one post.

Absolute genius...

Ummm...guys....anyone???

This sounds amazing.

That parcel does not touch 4th St, but does touch 3rd. 28 stories there would impact SKYE pretty severely.

That parcel does not touch 4th St, but does touch 3rd. 28 stories there would impact SKYE pretty severely.

The part the building will be on is the corner of 4th and Brevard. Skye is close enough to 3rd that the views should be fine, except farther along north Tryon. They will definitely lose the panorama factor but overall shouldn't be too bad. The pocket park will stretch to 3rd but the building will not.

"28 story high rise tower with ground floor retail fronting Brevard Street and a portion of 4th Street"

It will likely be like the attached picture

post-29263-0-84762400-1430567105_thumb.j

I really hope this becomes reality sooner rather than later

So what significance is it that it's in Accela, Jayvee? If its on the map, that means it might be close to happening?

In pictures, Foutains Stonewall doesn't seem like much, but in real life, it's very imposing

If it does end up impacting SKYE/Fº, it will be a touch of irony, considering that the use of The Park deposits to purchase this parcel by people in Verna & Assoc was partially what took down The Park.   

I really hope this becomes reality sooner rather than later

So what significance is it that it's in Accela, Jayvee? If its on the map, that means it might be close to happening?

In pictures, Foutains Stonewall doesn't seem like much, but in real life, it's very imposing

It's just in Accela as a presubmittal, that's about as far from reality as you can get in Accela. There's presubmittal submissions from stuff in 2013 and earlier than have never happened. But it is a positive step in the right direction, next step is submitting plans.

Charlotte local news is sooooo bad.  WCNC just had a 'report' about this building altering the skyline and the views from Fahrenheit.  Basically a poorly reworded recycle of 28 floors and pocket park with an interview of someone connected with the city saying 'oh well living downtown is about highrises and density'

Also there is no way this reporter is browsing Accela and she has not 'found' anything.  So clueless to the real skyline changes that are actually happening right now with 300 Tryon, Accent, Mint, Skyhouse and the much closer to reality of Portman and Crescent.  Why not report on how those are changing Uptown.

Because the target audience for local tv news is older people scared of the changes in the world.   They also primarily focus on negative stories where there is a drummed up controversy to get people upset.

Progress is bad in most stories on local TV news.

Obviously we know it will only limit a small percentage of the 180º view Fahrenheit patrons can see.  And just like in other parts of uptown, a new building going up is another thing to see in the view.   The Vue going up "blocked" westward views from Avenue, but now it is a view of the nice Vue building AND all the rest of the distant views you can see.    People often preferred to be on the east-viewing part of Avenue looking at all the buildings a block or two away.  

Obviously, this is still just a pre-project.  But if it does come to pass, it will be a boost to Fº for more nearby customers, not a problem because of a blocked view. 

Archived