1 Brevard - 28 Story Tower at 4th & Brevard in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

I think it's more perception than anything. I walk past the CTC all the time and I never feel unsafe. There are almost always police around. I'm more often annoyed at the amount of smokers on the sidewalk. It would be great if we had a de-centralized bus system so that we didn't need such a large central station like that. 

Also - we're getting waay off topic here.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lest you see black people? I swear the attitude on this board sometimes. Better stick to the over street mall where it's safe.

I'd say about half the time I've walked past the station I've had people ask me for money. Sometimes it's not just asking, its following me down the street to plead their case for money.

I'd never want to live somewhere that I'd have to deal with that every day.

So I am really glad we are getting condos here! 28 stories is awesome and should add some even more density to the skyline.

1050-B-EXTERIOR-002-8708.jpg

This is what I'm imagining for this space but 4 floors taller. This was done  by Kimley Horn who is also working on this project.

1050-B-EXTERIOR-002-8708.jpg

This is what I'm imagining for this space but 4 floors taller. This was done  by Kimley Horn who is also working on this project.

This looks exactly like the Hyatt Place and the Arena's architecture (particularly the lower third).

I was just thinking between this, Tryon Place, Crescent Stonewall, Camden Stonewall, Embassy Suites, these projects in the 2nd ward are going to make uptown look huge and dense. 3rd ward & 2nd ward are really going to. Stretch the skyline East & West.

Between all the new proposed projects, I'll be shocked to see uptown look like a real major downtown.

We've always had our crown jewels and height. But now, all the infill is really adding bulk and uptown is becoming 3D instead of a linear strip surrounding by a sea of parking lots

I was just thinking between this, Tryon Place, Crescent Stonewall, Camden Stonewall, Embassy Suites, these projects in the 2nd ward are going to make uptown look huge and dense. 3rd ward & 2nd ward are really going to. Stretch the skyline East & West.

Between all the new proposed projects, I'll be shocked to see uptown look like a real major downtown.

We've always had our crown jewels and height. But now, all the infill is really adding bulk and uptown is becoming 3D instead of a linear strip surrounding by a sea of parking lots

I was actually thinking about this the other day as well, haha.  Man we are dorks!  But about how we will now have multiple nodes of activity in Uptown and how huge of a shift that is going to be.  The "center" of the city will no longer just revolve around College/Trade and the pocket at 5th, but instead there will be multiple centers.  The park in 3rd ward, the epicenter, N Tryon near 1st Ward Park and S Tryon/Stonewall corridor.  We aren't far from an Uptown you could actually start to get lost in!

The condo tower will be unique to Charlotte in that it's a beautiful building?

We have some of the most beautiful buildings... Unless he plans in throwing up One Charlotte, the aesthetics won't impress me to much. It's a filler building, I'm more concerned with ground floor

Never thought those patches of land on Stonewall will be developed so soon. It will really make Uptown feel a lot bigger.

Wow this video is before Skyhouse, the park, the ballpark, all the middies projects in 3rd Ward... holy crap I can't wait to see this video by the end of the decade

We have some of the most beautiful buildings... Unless he plans in throwing up One Charlotte, the aesthetics won't impress me to much. It's a filler building, I'm more concerned with ground floor

I think it's more like the building will be unique architecturally (e.g. it won't be Skyhouse 3 or Charlotte beige). 

That was a bit of a misquote:

"“This building will be a very unique building in the context of Charlotte,” he says. “It’s a beautiful building.”"

• 1 month later...

Archived