1 Brevard - 28 Story Tower at 4th & Brevard in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is beautiful. Any guesses on when it starts or when they start selling?

Supposedly my company is handling the sales of it.   I'm trying my hardest to get on the sales team, but it's still very early on in the process.

BreXrd. :)

It will be amazing if the real life building has all those hashes and wobbly sketch lines.  

It looks like that X in BreXrd is carried through on the lower level with crossing beams/columns. I like that a lot.

It's edgy. It's modern. I hate it.

Actually, I like the green wall. Hopefully that stays. I mostly want to see how they are thinking about handing the street level on Brevard, so more to come.

What's the deal with the name "1 Brevard" (sorry, BreXrd)? I get 1BAC because they will probably build a 2BAC (like Wachovia/Wells did). Not seeing it for this project.

It's edgy. It's modern. I hate it.

Actually, I like the green wall. Hopefully that stays. I mostly want to see how they are thinking about handing the street level on Brevard, so more to come.

What's the deal with the name "1 Brevard" (sorry, BreXrd)? I get 1BAC because they will probably build a 2BAC (like Wachovia/Wells did). Not seeing it for this project.

Its the 100 block of Brevard St. So its address could conceivably be 1 brevard. 

It's BRE V A RD, with the V and A stylized on top of one another.  I thought it was an "X" at first as well.

Yes, but it's more fun to call it BreXrd!

Its the 100 block of Brevard St. So its address could conceivably be 1 brevard. 

Except that its the 200 block...

[OCD twitch]  :shok:

1st, Jr, 3rd, 4th, Trade, 5th, 6th ... 

But maybe 1 Brevard is a philosophical statement.   Like why do we have to be North Brevard and South Brevard, so divided that we don't even connect anymore.  Can't we just all get along and be 1 Brevard?

I LOVE this design for Charlotte.  Personally I'm just happy that it isn't half-beige... yet :scared:

Even if it is only edgy for the sake of being edgy, Charlotte needs something original; something that isn't 99% glass and/or stucco.  Granted the fin looks straight out of 300 S Tryon's book, it's at least different than all of the radiator fins sticking out of the top of every new apartment complex.  I do hope the support columns are X's instead of just V's though, carries better with the logo and could be a very interesting piece of architecture in uptown.  This is so un-Charlotte that it HAS to be built.  Somebody has to build something that can show you don't have to design "safe" to succeed in Charlotte.

I don't think we have much beige high rises going on.

Not 300, Tryon Place, Crescent Stonewall, not Museum Tower, not Skyhouse, not the triangular hotel by 7th street station.

I actually love beige (it could be worse. At least we're not totally Novare blue like ATL). I love Element. It's beautiful.

The only beige highrise we're getting is AC hotel. The only place I don't want to see beige because I don't think epicenter will look right with a giant beige building.

According to one industry insider I know, the owner of the parking lot wants 17 million for the land and the developer is looking at pricing in the range of $650 sq/ft for the condos.  That would make them the highest $ sq/ft in Charlotte.

According to one industry insider I know, the owner of the parking lot wants 17 million for the land and the developer is looking at pricing in the range of $650 sq/ft for the condos.  That would make them the highest $ sq/ft in Charlotte.

I can check on that, 1 Brevard is going into full on sell sell sell mode, so I am guessing they've already paid for the land. I will find out more soon.

I can confirm that price point per sqft... AND it's not going to work. Charlotte can't support $500,000 1 bedroom (750 sqft) condos. I think this is the obvious reason we haven't seen condo developments trickle back in. Between rising land/construction costs, the margins don't make sense and I think it's going to be sometime before we see a high rise condo tower. 

On the other hand... I think smaller infill projects that target large/luxury units could work at that price point. Something like The Trust x 3, but not necessarily units that big. 3bed/2bath and 2000 sqft is in high demand Uptown

I can confirm that price point per sqft... AND it's not going to work. Charlotte can't support $500,000 1 bedroom (750 sqft) condos. I think this is the obvious reason we haven't seen condo developments trickle back in. Between rising land/construction costs, the margins don't make sense and I think it's going to be sometime before we see a high rise condo tower. 

On the other hand... I think smaller infill projects that target large/luxury units could work at that price point. Something like The Trust x 3, but not necessarily units that big. 3bed/3bath and 2000 sqft is in high demand Uptown

I'm inclined to agree with this.  I just don't see the market.

If there *were* a market for that price point, I could only see it being something like The Trust near College Street. A small collection of units with the perfect location, where the most elite with no concern for money would buy. More geared towards status and access than actual value.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived