1 Brevard - 28 Story Tower at 4th & Brevard in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^If they can command that kind of price, then someone needs to call Portman and tell them to cancel their office project and bring back One Charlotte.  I say this because it absolutely makes the most sense given the market, not because I secretly hope to see One Charlotte resurrected or anything like that.

^^^If they can command that kind of price, then someone needs to call Portman and tell them to cancel their office project and bring back One Charlotte.  I say this because it absolutely makes the most sense given the market, not because I secretly hope to see One Charlotte resurrected or anything like that.

Was 100% kidding....units will be starting around $500k

Was 100% kidding....units will be starting around $500k

I figured it was a joke considering the other day someone had mentioned a price point of about half a million.  However, it did serve as a convenient segue to talk about One Charlotte which was one of my favorite pre-recession proposals.

I figured it was a joke considering the other day someone had mentioned a price point of about half a million.  However, it did serve as a convenient segue to talk about One Charlotte which was one of my favorite pre-recession proposals.

Can’t we just all email and tweet Portman to death begging him to break back One Charlotte?!

• 3 weeks later...

Rudolph plans to donate the building’s ground-floor retail space, approximately 4,000 square feet, to the McColl Center for Art + Innovation, which expects to use the space for a gallery featuring work from alumni of the organization. New Gallery of Modern Art, headed by Irina Toshkova, would partner with the McColl Center on the gallery and operate the facility.

I think I'm ok with this. It might not get a lot of initial traffic but it will be stable and something different from the norm for new towers.

687 sq ft 1 bed/1 bath  for $400k+? I still don't see that happening. But what do I know.

Before this was ever an issue regarding the view... SKYE had/has a 1 bed/1 bath unit that's just over 1,000 sq ft at $400k and it still hasn't been moved. Not to mention it's a corner unit with a fantastic city view.

687 sq ft 1 bed/1 bath  for $400k+? I still don't see that happening. But what do I know.

Before this was ever an issue regarding the view... SKYE had/has a 1 bed/1 bath unit that's just over 1,000 sq ft at $400k and it still hasn't been moved. Not to mention it's a corner unit with a fantastic city view.

I'm with you on this one.  I love the look of this building.  But if I had to choose a building right now that I don't think we will actually see built during this cycle...it's this guy.

I just had a look at the article referring to the condo tower in Austin and 90% pre sales in 1 week. That building was priced from the mid $300's for roughly the same amount of sq ft. We're not Austin! (yet :-)) - Also the tallest residential building west of the Mississippi.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, I love the building itself... But I'm also a realist. And I'll be shocked if this thing goes up.

Archived