Haywood Rd Redevelopment

NBNY2GRNVL

• 2 weeks later...

I went into JCrew last night and asked if they've heard what will be taking over the space once they leave.  The manager said she was told Dry Goods was coming in.  Dry Goods is a boutique retailer owned by department store chain Von Maur.   One article i found read "Dry Goods said it will open 19 stores in 2019, giving it a total of 58 locations nationwide. The openings will see the retailer enter seven new states — Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota and Tennessee — and expand its footprint to 58 locations. In 2018, Dry Goods opened 12 stores."  Another article said that Dry Goods are opening in areas where "Von Maur is yet to open."  I wonder if they are eyeing current SEARS locations in these cities and adding Dry Goods to test the markets?

https://www.chainstoreage.com/store-spaces/dry-goods-expanding-its-store-portfolio/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnpro318 said:

Do the apartments stretch all the way to Halton Road?

No, but almost.  There is a 3.6 acre Hollingsworth parcel lying between the project and Halton but it is only a matter of a few feet from the actual intersection with Halton. The curvature of Halton wides that parcel in the middle of it.  

27 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

No, but almost.  There is a 3.6 acre Hollingsworth parcel lying between the project and Halton but it is only a matter of a few feet from the actual intersection with Halton. The curvature of Halton wides that parcel in the middle of it.  

Cool! I wonder what used to be there. It’s been an eyesore for while. 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, greenvilleguy said:

J.Crew is closing at the end of the month. Apparently Simon wasn’t willing to negotiate a new lease with them.  Also, a bar is opening on the corner beside the new Bath and Body Works.  An alcohol license has been requested. 

I saw the new bar coming today at center court between Macy's and Belk. Called House of Bru's. Looks like a man cave with leather style chairs and lot's of tv's on the walls. Guess  they will have beer on tap. Interesting addition.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Haywood and Pelham project sent back to Planning Commission

Sounds like they can build it, they just have to pay for some traffic upgrades.

I like the idea for the apartments but the gas station on that beautiful piece of property not so much. Wonder if it would have gone through without that?

Edited by vistatiger

14 hours ago, vistatiger said:

I like the idea for the apartments but the gas station on that beautiful piece of property not so much. Wonder if it would have gone through without that?

I agree. There should not be a gas station on that corner for traffic sight concerns, but mainly because of how beautiful the property is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gman said:

I agree. There should not be a gas station on that corner for traffic sight concerns, but mainly because of how beautiful the property is. 

Yep ax the gas station and make it TALLER. We need more housing close to the city and everyone is wasting valuable land with four and five story apartments. 

• Like 2