Haywood Rd Redevelopment

NBNY2GRNVL

• 4 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

Simon Properties, owner of Haywood Mall, surely knows that Sears (definitely) and JCPenney (likely) will be closing nationwide at some point.

Has Simon released plans for what it will do with those two sites at Haywood?

No plans have been released.

12 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

Simon Properties, owner of Haywood Mall, surely knows that Sears (definitely) and JCPenney (likely) will be closing nationwide at some point.

Simon doesn't own  the Sear's property.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:56 AM, PuppiesandKittens said:

I would not mind seeing inclusion of community retail (i.e. grocery, pharmacy) and a hotel/convention space at Haywood Mall.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:56 AM, PuppiesandKittens said:

I drove by the mall today for the first time in a long time and all I can say is that the outside really, REALLY needs an upgrade. It looks incredibly dated and even a bit rundown. I remember it looking outdated compared to the Greenville Mall redo (which I always thought was quite nice) and that was 20 years ago. 

2 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I drove by the mall today for the first time in a long time and all I can say is that the outside really, REALLY needs an upgrade. It looks incredibly dated and even a bit rundown. I remember it looking outdated compared to the Greenville Mall redo (which I always thought was quite nice) and that was 20 years ago. 

Simon investing money in Haywood Mall? Now THAT’S funny. They can’t even pave the parking lot. 

1 hour ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

The Sears has survived the latest round of closings, which have resulted in there being only about 180 Sears and Kmart stores left.

Is the Haywood Sears that strong of a performer? I like it, but it always seems empty.

It’s going to become a tourist attraction. Nostalgia at its finest. 

9 hours ago, gman430 said:

Simon investing money in Haywood Mall? Now THAT’S funny. They can’t even pave the parking lot. 

Agreed. Simon will do what they do best. Sit on a cash cow until it no longer is one.  They have  already let their best opportunity pass them by.  Is there a mall operator that actually DOES seek to be proactive? If so, I wish they would buy Haywood.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All the main anchors at Haywood Mall (Sears, Macy's, Dillards, JC Penneys) own their building and associated parking lot.  So it's up to the anchor to make improvements to their building.  I presume Sears will sell that asset and it will be up to who ever buys it to update it, hopefully.

2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Glad to see Sears closing. Time for Simon to invest in the mall and bring it into to 2020's. Hopefully they will do the right things here.  

I’ll believe that when i see it. That Sears spot will probably become a trampoline park or large thrift store. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, Danmire said:

All the main anchors at Haywood Mall (Sears, Macy's, Dillards, JC Penneys) own their building and associated parking lot.  So it's up to the anchor to make improvements to their building.  I presume Sears will sell that asset and it will be up to who ever buys it to update it, hopefully.

Doesn't bode well the Sears property in Spartanburg and Anderson are still sitting dark. I hope Haywood Sears is redeveloped faster. I would think it would be most appealing of the three. If nothing else having a residential component to it with the retail  like they plan at Asheville Mall. Look it all the apartments that have sprung up behind the Sears @ Haywood.

14 minutes ago, sptgguy said:

I think sears is holding onto a lot of its property in an effort to fund a comeback (just my opionion). Sears could come back as a much leaner and meaner company with a focus on what it did right  like tools and appliances. 

Sorry, but Sears is dead. 

• Like 1