City Centre (Formerly 215 E. Central Blvd) | 28-Story Residential [Approved]

Ocityst

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. Very classic looking. Just hoping one of these high rises sees some actual life. I feel so much tempered excitement with all these proposals with what I hope is the big one still in the wings…University Tower. The waterfall feature would be fantastic for that location.

I really like the design--very 1940s skyscraper.  Hope they can relocate that little historic building. 

Not so sure about the waterfall, though.  If I'm looking at it right, that looks like a five-story waterfall.  I think that would be loud to sit next to and redundant with a giant fountain in the lake and the smaller, recently renovated one a few feet away.

I like it but they need to make those garage floors look better.  Also, folks exiting the garage will be forced to go north on Rosalind and won't be able to go east on Central.  Too bad they could not have a garage entrance on Rosalind and exit on Central.

If the waterfall is attached directly to a sheet of light painted concrete or plexiglass/glass, the water will run along it and not have a free fall.  This would still create a water fall effect without as much noise from splashdown.

If the waterfall is attached directly to a sheet of light painted concrete or plexiglass/glass, the water will run along it and not have a free fall.  This would still create a water fall effect without as much noise from splashdown.

Oooh, good point.  Should look cool, but still a lot of water features for one area.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I looked at this, this rendering seems like something they dig it out from the past. It was supposed to be a W hotel or Westin...I forgot...

You are correct about the W, but the rendering was totally different.

WHOTEL_1.jpg

WHOTEL_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived