City Centre (Formerly 215 E. Central Blvd) | 28-Story Residential [Approved]

Ocityst

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if God forbid there is some economic drop off, well for one we just left a major correction period so I'd say...even though the percentage chance of an economic drop is roughly the same (though slightly less) a year after a correction time, I'd say we got till mid 2018. Enough time time to build and THEN have no one move into the buildings. However the architecture is decent, it really will give that concrete n'' steel v. Grass and lake contrast a major boost because of its location, and could be a good starting point for many downtown activities.

Even if God forbid there is some economic drop off, well for one we just left a major correction period so I'd say...even though the percentage chance of an economic drop is roughly the same (though slightly less) a year after a correction time, I'd say we got till mid 2018. Enough time time to build and THEN have no one move into the buildings. However the architecture is decent, it really will give that concrete n'' steel v. Grass and lake contrast a major boost because of its location, and could be a good starting point for many downtown activities.

Well we are coming up on an election year. A President Sanders might move cause the markets to go into turmoil!

This project being slowed down could also have positive reprecussions. If any location in downtown is suited for Orlando's first truly upper-echaleon Class A high-rise condominium, it would be this location. And the design is already semi-befitting of such a project. There's a slim chance in two years the numbers work to make this a condominium, which I personally would much rather see than an apartment complex for this location. Tradition Towers was going to be something special, this has the potential to be the same. However, considering the glut of readily available condominiums downtown when the market comes back, this seems unlikely.

Well we are coming up on an election year. A President Sanders might move cause the markets to go into turmoil!

This project being slowed down could also have positive reprecussions. If any location in downtown is suited for Orlando's first truly upper-echaleon Class A high-rise condominium, it would be this location. And the design is already semi-befitting of such a project. There's a slim chance in two years the numbers work to make this a condominium, which I personally would much rather see than an apartment complex for this location. Tradition Towers was going to be something special, this has the potential to be the same. However, considering the glut of readily available condominiums downtown when the market comes back, this seems unlikely.

By glut, are you differentiating condos from apartments?  Every report I've been hearing as talked about the very high occupancy rate in downtown, like 96%. That may be just rentals though.

By glut, are you differentiating condos from apartments?  Every report I've been hearing as talked about the very high occupancy rate in downtown, like 96%. That may be just rentals though.

Yes I am. You are talking about rentals. Sales are what I am talking about. Still a huge inventory at the Vue. Plus Paramount and 55W technically were built as condominiums so I imagine when the prices support it they will be rushing to sell as condos again. And then you have places like Nora, the Sevens and 420 which look like they were built to convert at the drop of a hat. Probably over 2,000 condos up for sale if you add all of those up. 

Last I heard, the guy that bought up the VUE is down to a few units. Now, whether or not the new owners are renting their units I am not sure. It is intriguing that several concrete "apartments" are being built with another 1,000 or so approved by the city even before these high rises break ground. 

It is faster and easier to start construction on an apartment project while the condo docs. are being worked out by the lawyers. 

Also real estate attorneys working for the City probably aren't the brightest of the bunch or else they wouldn't be real eatate attorneys working for the City. I could believe some of them could easily misunderstand or misapply public land use law or fail to think of any consequences.

I guess they assumed no one would notice or remember the ancient deed restriction for that parcel. St Luke's is still around to object, but what about the other donors, like the Summerlin family? I wonder if the rest of Lake Eola park is protected since several portions of land have been donated over time...

• 4 weeks later...

When I saw a deal had been reached I thought the church was to receive rents from the patio restaurant. What church wouldn't want another revenue stream? Especially with the idea that the developer was going to take care of the landscaping it would have made the Sperry fountain area much more inviting. Now no change. A corner of the park no one but homeless and dog walkers use. Bleh. 

2 hours ago, GTR said:

Not really a good place for downtown's first pharmacy in my opinion. Might as well go to Publix if you are in the location. Should be on Orange Avenue or in 55W.

I was going to ask this as well. Everyone wants a "pharmacy downtown", but ... Eola has a pharmacy, and a full grocery store. Along Orange, down toward city hall, 55 West and Solaire, shopping is limited. The Sunrail stations have neither.

Publix isn't very far from the CBD, but it's a decent walk ... and the SunRail stations have nothing in terms of groceries/pharmacy.

Regardless, I'm all for something that isn't a 7-11. Plus I not so secretly want to live in this building. 

Archived