Independence Center & Marriott Renovation

CLTProductions

54 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

James Beard aint got $#!^ on the Toz Stamp. Did you go check out Stoke and the rest of the lobby while you were in there? Amazing right?

Yes, definitely looking forward to putting Stoke's bar to work. They've definitely upstaged Essex

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to both Stoke, Coco, and Essex on Sunday. 

You could tell the interior designer had a great time with Coco...and obviously they had a good sized budget. To think just a few years ago all we had was the dowdy Starbucks uptown and now we have Not Just Coffee, Amelie's, and Coco! I really liked the old typewriter on the table...and yes it actually works.

Stoke was nice, they are still getting some kinks worked out with speed of service, which I expect that in a place that just opened. The overall design of the place is great, I will be back for sure.

The food at Essex for dinner was very tasty. I have a feeling this place will become popular pretty quickly. The service there was excellent. The only drawback was the construction zone right outside the windows. However in a year when the plaza renovation is complete it will be really nice.

The Square used to be a place I would just pass through....now it is actually a place I want to hang out in.

• 1 month later...

That was a good read, thank you.

I hit up Stoke on Friday night and was very impressed with the restaurant and bar, as well as the entire Marriott renovation that I could see while walking through, what a great space and terrific addition to Uptown. I'm a big fan of the current trend of inspired cocktails at very fair prices (204 North, Essex and now Stoke), and the bottles of wines were priced closer to their retail prices than typical restaurant prices. FWIW, the Carolina Gold Rice Grits blew our table away and was the surprising star of dinner.

40 minutes ago, JoshuaDrown said:

That was a good read, thank you.

I hit up Stoke on Friday night and was very impressed with the restaurant and bar, as well as the entire Marriott renovation that I could see while walking through, what a great space and terrific addition to Uptown. I'm a big fan of the current trend of inspired cocktails at very fair prices (204 North, Essex and now Stoke), and the bottles of wines were priced closer to their retail prices than typical restaurant prices. FWIW, the Carolina Gold Rice Grits blew our table away and was the surprising star of dinner.

Went to Stoke last week and completely agree.  The lamb and pimento mac and cheese were also pretty awesome.

• 7 months later...

Looks like the next phase of Independence Center's first floor renovation has started. A substantial portion of the interior has been walled off for new work to be done, creating more leasable retail space and reducing the amount of lobby space

Archived