Downtown Hilton Garden Inn

RALNATIVE

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

The Raleigh Historic Districts Commission has on its March 7th agenda two requests to move houses to South Bloodworth, 420 and 422. They agenda says only a one story historic house and two story historic house with the TO but not the FROM. The applicant is Craig Bethel. So all this is just to ask ya'll if you can tell if this is the two homes being requested to be moved from the site of the Baptist Convention building at Lenoir and Wilmington St....? It appears to be the case. If so, it seems like that project might be moving forward.

Also, the Marriott Residence has a tower crane up, so will be going vertical shortly. 

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Green_man said:

Site plan submitted for this new hotel at 200 W. Davie St.  Dual-branded Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites.  259 total rooms.  Application lists 13 stories and total height 151', but site plan shows two "14th floor terraces".

I noticed on the site plan that the corner is no longer rounded but square, so it won't be the exact same design as the original rendering. 

Been wondering how long it'd take to see some action on this. It's been awhile since the first rendering....what...two years or so? Good old Morts old space is still hanging on...I have my finger crossed it survives as a sort of nail house and can house some odd funky store or bar (I realize it's not a historic building at all, just a random retail space sitting there all alone). 

On 8/27/2015 at 5:24 PM, Jones_ said:

So this article mentions FIVE hotels being proposed within walking distance of the CC. Marriott Residence, Hilton Garden, and the Baptist site by McDonalds all come to mind....what am I missing?

So now we should update this that 1) Residence Inn is nearing completion and 2) proposed hotels include this HGI, Baptist site by McDonalds (is that a stale proposal?), 301 Hillsborough, Two Glenwood... what else? Rumors of one included in Above The Fold's N&O site, and wasn't there something proposed at the Enterprise Rent-A-Car lot? 

Archived