Northern EBR Parish Development

• 4 months later...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that location in the center of the parish would be more ideal for some sort of institutional or distribution hub.    Something with flex space I think would work well there or maybe even educ

Yeah I think that a small district encompassing Southern, BTR, and the rest of Harding Blvd would work the best. 

I admire the stated goals but I really think the strategy here is not optimal.    I can't help but think these boundaries are rooted in political motivatations when they need to be based on a pragmati

Posted Images

• 8 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 10:48 AM, dan326 said:

Aldi buys land in Shoe Creek development in Central as its push to expand continues

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_03ccb086-4ed1-11eb-81c6-2324f96308fe.html

Good store if you want to save some cash.    They are usually clean and well kept. 

I'd have preferred an Alexanders, Oak Point, Calandros, Rouses, Albertsons, or some other main line store....but ALDI works well too.  

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

A major subdivision is being proposed near the intersection of Old Scenic Highway and Groom Road in Baker.

Adam Kurz of D.R. Horton Inc.-Gulf Coast has filed a request with the East Baton Rouge Parish Planning Commission seeking a comprehensive plan amendment for the 350-acre property as well as plans for a proposed single-family residential subdivision, Trivento, that his Denham Springs-based company wants to develop there.

Specifically, Kurz wants to change the area’s land use from “industrial” to “residential neighborhood” to allow for the development of Trivento. The subdivision would be accessed via public streets, with each lot averaging 6,250 square feet, according to Kurz’s application. 

https://www.businessreport.com/insider/d-r-horton-files-plans-for-350-acre-subdivision-in-baker