rhonis4pres

1340 Monroe - Apartments or Commercial Renovation

8 posts in this topic

1340 Monroe could also go residential.  Thats a huge 5 story loft building that will be positioned nicely when all the new river front developments happen. 

^
See Franklin Partners, LLC's post on their facebook page to confirm what he is alluding to. ;)

^

See Franklin Partners, LLC's post on their facebook page to confirm what he is alluding to. ;)

I know, they bought Display Pack and the building (1340 Monroe). I believe they're in process of finding a new home for DP first, but I'm not sure if they've settled on apartments yet? There were some articles out back in December.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/12/will_old_factory_on_monroe_ave.html

Although those images are new. Thanks for the link! 

I know, they bought Display Pack and the building (1340 Monroe). I believe they're in process of finding a new home for DP first, but I'm not sure if they've settled on apartments yet? There were some articles out back in December.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/12/will_old_factory_on_monroe_ave.html

Although those images are new. Thanks for the link! 

A friend who works for Display Pack said they were moving to a former Wolverine Worldwide distribution center up a little south of Cedar Springs.  If you take the White Pine Trail north of Rockford, you cross a dirt road and there's a big hulking building on your left. He said they are going in there.  He didn't mention a timeline for the move, though.

https:[email protected],-85.5546739,1644m/data=!3m1!1e3

I'm not really sure what we're looking at in the images, but I "think" this first view is looking South into the L-shape of the building. And that the building to the left with the diagonal screens is a parking ramp built on top of the surface parking. 

17502793086_cfa9e161a0_b.jpg

The other image is looking from within the glass wall toward the parking ramp (?)

17529191705_6ff57bc1e6_b.jpg

16945320584_4dd3661020_b.jpg

Here's another image, apparently. This project could be pretty sweet as commercial. Franklin Partners has a good track record with commercial users, which could provide more jobs in the city. 

17395221509_9ae60ee5e9_b.jpg

For those who can't picture the building:

17581647041_8ef90771b0_b.jpg

With all the new developments communicated on river front activation, 1340 Monroe seems like the perfect location for high end apartments.  Franklin Partners have done cool things with their office buildings with fitness centers and restaurants.. it would be interesting to see what they would do for a residential development.