Dominion Resources: New High-rise Building Planned for Downtown

TBurban

2 hours ago, eandslee said:

I know, I've noticed that!  I didn't think it would ever get that tall, but maybe I don't know what 417 feet really looks like.  I'm glad to see that it is taller than I thought I would be!  Can anyone nearby snap a photo of the height in relation to the buildings next to it and post it? :)

Here is a tweet I saw yesterday from the current Dominion building 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, cwd221 said:

Here is a tweet I saw yesterday from the current Dominion building 

Thanks for posting.  This looks to be a few days old as they have already started steel on the next two levels.  In addition, the concrete forms in the core of the building have gone up a notch too!  Love this pic though!

2 hours ago, Asace88 said:

I had a little free time at work today so I figured I would do a new rendering of what the Richmond skyline might look like in the near future.  I added the Dominion tower, Locks apartment building and the new Hyatt hotel.

I used one of the most recent photos from the Richmond City Watch Facebook page so it is as up to date as possible.

Winter2017.thumb.jpg.2564dfe493d0a667d00c5692e2c3a559.jpg

Nice.  Thanks for posting this.  321 Locks does not look nearly as bad from this representation; perhaps there is still hope that it will not be the eyesore I fear that it will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Downtowner said:

I am wondering how much shorter 700 Canal Place will be as compared to One James River Plaza when  they knock it down. Will it be shorter than Gateway Plaza?

They better damn not tear something down and replace it with something shorter

I will say tho at least the renderings on Pickard Chilton at least seem to indicate they might be twins of the same height but again, it's probably going to come down to demand by Dominion

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best

16 hours ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

They better damn not tear something down and replace it with something shorter

I will say tho at least the renderings on Pickard Chilton at least seem to indicate they might be twins of the same height but again, it's probably going to come down to demand by Dominion

Per the original announcements, the second tower was expected to be 16 stories.  Given the first tower's height, I estimate the second tower would reach 347', which is 39' taller than the current 22 story tower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, eandslee said:

I have a question:  currently construction has started on the (by my count) 22nd floor (concrete elevator shaft).  Do you think that they may have increased the height of this tower by adding a few floors? 

The original rendering showed an additional 5 levels compared to the official floor count (hence the rather high height to "floor" ratio) so they may be either mechanical floors not added to the occupiable floor count or just ornamental.

Edited by Icetera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2