Dominion Resources: New High-rise Building Planned for Downtown

TBurban

15 minutes ago, hikendesign said:

Went by the job site earlier today and took a quick video of the work that SB Cox is doing.  It's slow moving, they spent a decent amount of time while I was there moving the smaller demo machine out of the way to make room for the larger one that can get to the floors up higher.  Seems like you have to download the video and not play it in the window here, not sure how to do that.  Will look some more to find out if that's possible.

Dominion__Demo.mp4

Do you have a YouTube account?  You can always post it there and then post a link here. The link above didn t work for me. :(

I think SunTrust and BoA will be blocking it from that view point.  Dominion will only be about 13' taller than SunTrust tower and given the perspective it will appear about the same height as the Fed tower.

Edited by Icetera
typo

I'm not good with visualizing the street grid from this angle. I thought it would fit right between Two James Center and the Fed but in reality it will be behind Two James and BoA Center. But at least 321Locks will be a major addition. There should be a good site for a future skyscraper to fit between the Fed and Two James Center from this angle though. Like one of the Foundry Park or Crowne Plaza sites?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

I'm not good with visualizing the street grid from this angle. I thought it would fit right between Two James Center and the Fed but in reality it will be behind Two James and BoA Center. But at least 321Locks will be a major addition. There should be a good site for a future skyscraper to fit between the Fed and Two James Center from this angle though. Like one of the Foundry Park or Crowne Plaza sites?

Pencil lot! :)

1 hour ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Not the fanciest videos but took a couple of the wrecking ball on the way to a meeting. Lots of activity on the 7th Street side that I didn't get. 

IMG_2224.MOV

IMG_2228.MOV

These are super cool videos of the wrecking ball at work!  Great work Coupe!  No wonder it will take 4 month to complete demo...it appears to be a very slow process.  There's still a lot of building left to take down!

This reminds me of a question that I have...where do they dispose of the rubble?  A regular landfill?  That can't be, can it?

Also, does anyone know of a construction cam yet?  I'm hoping there is one soon if there is not one already.

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, eandslee said:

These are super cool videos of the wrecking ball at work!  Great work Coupe!  No wonder it will take 4 month to complete demo...it appears to be a very slow process.  There's still a lot of building left to take down!

This reminds me of a question that I have...where do they dispose of the rubble?  A regular landfill?  That can't be, can it?

Also, does anyone know of a construction cam yet?  I'm hoping there is one soon if there is not one already.

The debris is usually separated and recycled.  Whatever cannot be recycled is sent to a landfill.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, eandslee said:

Love the video and the photos!  Thanks!  By the way, what's the deal with the tiny wrecking ball anyway?!  Heck, Miley Cyrus rode on a bigger wrecking ball than that!  No wonder it's going to take 4 months to demolish the building!  Pull out your big balls boys!  Gee!

That's actually about the right size wrecking ball for this type of work. 

Edited by Shakman