Dominion Resources: New High-rise Building Planned for Downtown

TBurban

5 hours ago, jbjust said:

Could somebody explain to me why I shouldn't be concerned about all the dust emanating from this site as I walk by?  Seems like there has to be asbestos in there and we require folks to basically put a plastic bag over their house if they're replacing their asbestos roof.  

If it makes you feel any better the original building was built a little too early to have a lot of asbestos in it and the re-clad was done too late to involve asbestos; and the best news of all is that about 90% of the asbestos used in construction is non-toxic, it's that 10 or so percent you have to look out for!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, meegwell said:

under the pictures it states:   "Soaring 20 stories into the Richmond skyline, this 1,174,340-square-foot Class “A” office space"

on the sidebar it says: "Project Size 20-story | 908,000 square feet"

Why the difference?

Not sure, but you bring up a good point. Perhaps the floor plans had not been finalized when the site was published. I still think it will only be 20 stories though. If it is Richmond's tallest, it will be due to the elevation of the piece of land compared to the rest of downtown. 

Has anyone found a construction cam yet?  The dude doing timelapses of the demo work appears to have stopped taking video. There's got to be one up soon, right?

• 2 weeks later...

How about this? Guess it could go either way or not change  

http://www.richmond.com/business/local/article_84da6853-9afb-5222-9684-f8f15c1fa603.html

"When finished, if there are no changes to the planned height, the building will be the second tallest in the city. The James Monroe Building at 101 N. 14th St. will remain the tallest at 449 feet"

33 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

How about this? Guess it could go either way or not change  

http://www.richmond.com/business/local/article_84da6853-9afb-5222-9684-f8f15c1fa603.html

"When finished, if there are no changes to the planned height, the building will be the second tallest in the city. The James Monroe Building at 101 N. 14th St. will remain the tallest at 449 feet"

I often hear/read a decrepancy in the building's height. Sometimes I read what you have posted above and other times I read that it will be the city's tallest. I wonder if that is technically true or just a matter of perspective as this tower will be built on a block that sits at a slightly higher elevation.  417' would not the tallest in Richmond; however, If they make some changes along the way, I guess they could easily make it the city's true tallest. We shall see how this plays out!