Dominion Resources: New High-rise Building Planned for Downtown

TBurban

15 hours ago, eandslee said:

Thanks for the updated pics!  I wonder what’s taking so long for them to build the crown?

FWIW, canal street is closed beginning tonight so they can raise the tower crane (south one) again.  Also, the complete exterior "skin" is due to be complete July.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, meegwell said:

FWIW, canal street is closed beginning tonight so they can raise the tower crane (south one) again.  Also, the complete exterior "skin" is due to be complete July.

Wow!  Going up again?!!  The crown must be a lot taller than I thought!  Thanks for the update!!  Could the crane not being tall enough be the reason for the delay in building up the crown?

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 9:12 AM, meegwell said:

Can anyone confirm that the tower crane height increased this weekend?

1 hour ago, Brent114 said:

5905A249-0CFB-4CDB-A375-1B9191F86713.jpeg

Good eye Brent!  Thanks for the photo update!  Again, can’t remember what’s going there...too many projects to keep up with (a good problem to have).

I was thinking maybe that area of the tower would be Tom Farrell’s office with very high ceilings!! ;)

I would also assume that the crown would contain all the mechanical needed to run the tower to include the HVAC and mechanical for the elevators?

Edited by eandslee

Great photos and thanks for posting!  Love new photos when we can get them!  

As far as the parking deck...they’ve always been working on it, it’s just that now they are finally going above grade (everything up to this point has been work done below grade.  They’ve built something like 4 stories of parking deck below ground up to this point).  It is good to see it finally breaking the surface!  I’m interested to see how they work the retail potion into the parking deck.  Haven’t been able to figure that one out yet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, skinsfan said:

Maybe some type of unique staircase for these three levels? 

It did look like they might be installing some sort of staircase there when I looked on the webcam the other day...just seems kind of weird though.  Why there of all places in the tower?

Ah...progess pictures...NICE!  Thanks for posting.  I do still wonder why the steel construction has stopped on the crown.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the glass...does it need to be at the top level in order to progess any further?  Just not sure what's going on.  The tower crane was raised a few weeks ago in anticipation of going higher with the steel, but not much has happened.  Anyway, it's good to see the progress elsewhere on the tower.  Plus, the parking deck has broken ground level and is headed up!  Still interested in seeing how the retail section is worked into the parking deck (totally confused about how that's going to be incorporated).

Edited by eandslee

At 417 feet, this tower is going to be roughly the height of Suntrust (400 ft).  Judging by the perspective in the eastward-looking view, it's quite a bit closer than Suntrust and appears to be about the same height. So that might give you an idea of how much taller it's going to get. I would think it would appear about equal to the Federal Reserve in that view?

• Like 1