Dominion Resources: New High-rise Building Planned for Downtown

TBurban

Amen to that!  And why is it that city leaders don't see that? I mean if you lower your tax rate, it appears as if you will lose money, but the fact is that if you significantly lower your rate, more businesses come in making up for the lost tax revenue when the rates were lowered. It's not that difficult to understand. Simple economics really. It's frustrating to me to watch Richmond continue to defeat itself. 

One James River Plaza:  433,920 above ground; 258,894 below

8th & Main: 341,760

per city records

Thanks for the info. Ive been looking at some buildings that fit the description of what their looking for and I found that One Tampa Center fits the description pretty well. It also has the square footage that dominion currently has in its  two buildings, it's just combined into one tower. Tell me if you guys think this is pretty accurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Tampa_City_Center

Edited by blopp1234
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info. Ive been looking at some buildings that fit the description of what their looking for and I found that One Tampa Center fits the description pretty well. It also has the square footage that dominion currently has in its  two buildings, it's just combined into one tower. Tell me if you guys think this is pretty accurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Tampa_City_Center

They also have the Tredegar campus (3 buildings) and the GRTC Bus Depot campus that may be relocated as well.  I keep forgetting to throw all of the square footages up here so hopefully I will remember tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I found out an interesting tidbit regarding dominions new high rise. My cousin who works downtown for a marketing firm in manchester had heard from a friend of hers that dominion is supposed to be picking there construction team for the new high rise in December so who knows maybe sometime in December we could learn more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Downtowner said:

Wonder what it would be like with the news about Carmax today if Dominion would be interested in adding Carmax as a tenant in Dominion's new tower.

The security requirements from jbjust is probably true, but I like where you are going with that idea.  I'm really hoping an announcement comes out soon on this.  I really would like to see some details.  This thing has been in the works for a while now (even about a year before the announcement last May).  I just hope it doesn't disappoint.  Come on Dominion and pull off something amazing!

We'll... That's more an exception to the rule, isn't it? Rarely does the anchor tenant turn down signage. TowneBank is the 2nd largest tenant. If Carmax took 20k s.f. and they have 250,000 s.f. available in a bldg, then it's unlikely Carmax gets signage because the landlord will want to hold on to the signage rights for a much larger user.

Signage rights aren't that important to professional services firms (e.g., law firms and accountants).  It's seen as a little tacky, honestly, for anybody other than consumer-oriented businesses.  There are big tenants in James Center 1 that don't want the rights -- Dixon Hughes and Davenport -- so taking 2-3 floors of that building would be more than enough to snag the naming rights.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree, since it runs contrary to the desires I witness between many tenants and landlords. Some companies don't care about it, some very much so (including professional services firms). In any case, I wouldn't mind seeing their name downtown. 

My only point is that if they moved in to James Center 1 and took a couple of floors, there wouldn't be another tenant in the building that both (a) could conceivably want naming rights; and (b) has a stronger claim on naming rights than CarMax.  

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, eandslee said:

They have been planning for at least 6 months for this project so it must involve a significant amount of money and planning(which hopefully means it will be tall:rolleyes:). If they don't come out with plans by the end of the month, it could mean that the project was postponed or they will wait to release the plans after they finish demolishing the current Richmond Plaza building.

Edited by blopp1234

Demolition of Plaza Building will start this summer, construction later in the year.  Tower will be ready in summer 2019. Hourigan/Clayco to construct.  Packard Chilton will be arch. design.  PDR Corp interior design.  Timmons Group and Kendall/Heaton also part of the project team.  Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

On 11/4/2015 at 2:28 PM, blopp1234 said:

Ignore above as the reply function seems to hang up on me...

I do not see much beyond suburban-ish projects from Hourigan, with exception of Altria's downtown lab, but Clayco and Pickard Chilton's portfolios show some potential.  Looking foward to seeing what they come up with.

http://www.claycorp.com/our-projects/current-projects/

http://archinect.com/pickardchilton http://pickardchilton.com/

http://www.houriganconstruction.com/projects/

Edited by Icetera
This reply function has gotten bad...
  • Like 1