New Job

all2neat

I was offered a new job today in Plano, TX, which I accepted. My family and I will be leaving Prairieville for the Frisco area in mid June. At the end of the day, the IT market in BR is terrible for mid-level management and higher, there are no growth opportunities for me here and (not to brag) but I will make a lot more money in the DFW area. We're nervous but feel its the right move for us.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was offered a new job today in Plano, TX, which I accepted. My family and I will be leaving Prairieville for the Frisco area in mid June. At the end of the day, the IT market in BR is terrible for mid-level management and higher, there are no growth opportunities for me here and (not to brag) but I will make a lot more money in the DFW area. We're nervous but feel its the right move for us.

I would leave too. When opportunity comes knocking, always open the door. 

Waa! :( I definitely understand though because it took me over a year to get a job with my IT degree and even still I chalk it up to divine intervention, lol! But yeah, definitely go get your money and after you've made your fortune and retired, you might decide you'd like to move back to BR. (That'd be somthing if we were still on UP x years later, lol!)

I would leave too. When opportunity comes knocking, always open the door. 

That's how I'm taking it. I would regret not going for this.

Waa! :( I definitely understand though because it took me over a year to get a job with my IT degree and even still I chalk it up to divine intervention, lol! But yeah, definitely go get your money and after you've made your fortune and retired, you might decide you'd like to move back to BR. (That'd be somthing if we were still on UP x years later, lol!)

I'm about 25 years off of retirement. I'm starting to get into my key years for saving for retirement. May be in 25 years we will have a new new bridge over the river.

All2Neat....Wishing you nothing but the Best! Sorry to see you moving...but totally understand why y'all are.... If the Metroplex does give you the most opportunity...

Still come by & visit BR Forums when you can :thumbsup:

It was between DFW and Atlanta really for us. We want to stay far enough south so that we don't really have to deal with winter. We have no desire to move to California. Both of those markets are massive and will provide the opportunity to achieve my goals. Now I have to go earn it.

Congrats! Sad to see you leave us but we're all happy for you. I'm sure Frisco is much nicer than Prairieville, and Hwy 42 might be complete in 25 years!

The utility relocation is already 6 months behind schedule so 25 years might be a stretch.

Archived