Who will it be?

Paramount747

With the announcement of 505 starting in November, I ponder who WILL actually build Nashville's new tallest in the future?

Will the ATT be it since Tony is only doing 547, or will a new player come forward and where will it go?

Just for thoughtful discussion. Could the new tallest be Mark Blooms Four Seasons at some point? Could it be Trump, and

is he actually serious about Nashville?

Thoughts?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the new tallest be Mark Blooms Four Seasons at some point? Could it be Trump, and

is he actually serious about Nashville?

Thoughts?

If either should come to fruition,(and tend to think one of the two may considering there will be no InterContinental..at least not from Palmer.), I would say without doubt that the design will be outstanding, though I wouldn't count on either to be a new tallest. If it should be Trump, that might be the best chance for height since his ego would almost certainly require it .

I am skeptical that Trump would build in Nashville.  His quote was a reply to a question.  He always hedges such answers by saying, "it's absolutely ready for an ultraluxury hotel", but never says "I would consider..." or "That's something I am interested in..."   Anyway... Bloom has stated his desire to build a new tallest, but building tall and edgy buildings is not something he is known for doing.  I would love to see Nashy get a new tallest. 

Supertall certainly would be a good name for a water slide into his lake.

I was thinking the very same.  Might as well go ahead and "exploit" the situation and put in a water-coaster.  Make it partly aerial to give riders a last-second eagle-s view of the fjord-like cave they'd be headed for.

-==-

It will be someone not currently on the radar.

Dang it, Ron, why do I feel like you know something but are holding out on us?!

That's 'cause he's really some kin to Carnac the Mag.  Many, if not most, of us were too "green" to recall the Carnac on Late-Night TV (Pre-Jay Leno, Johnny Carson).  But that's whom Ron succeeded, and he maintains the ritual which transcends all known media.

Carnac the Magnificent

Carnac1_zpsi6lilvug.jpg

-==-

I thought it would have been CHS until they chose Antioch. Good for them, but that would have been a pretty large tower downtown for 1400 people.

1,400 people is a bunch, but you now see the building they are doing... They are cheap! I don't know that downtown was ever an option.

1,400 people is a bunch, but you now see the building they are doing... They are cheap! I don't know that downtown was ever an option.

Consider it for what it is....it seems to be mainly a support staff building. If CHS was moving their HQ, I think DT would've been an option. With this, I think the closest to DT they would've considered is probably OneC1ty. Even then....

I'm OK with what went down...though 1,400 people means more reason to need better public transit access.

That's 'cause he's really some kin to Carnac the Mag.  Many, if not most, of us were too "green" to recall the Carnac on Late-Night TV (Pre-Jay Leno, Johnny Carson).  But that's whom Ron succeeded, and he maintains the ritual which transcends all known media.

As a child of four can plainly see, these envelopes have been hermetically sealed. They've been kept in a #2 mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' back porch.

Carnac the Magnificent

Carnac1_zpsi6lilvug.jpg

-==-

"Inka Dinka Doo"  :hi: (not too green here!)

"Inka Dinka Doo"  :hi: (not too green here!)

I didn't think that you were, for some reason. You seem way too "ripened" to be green. can't quite put my hand on why, though; maybe it's the arrangement of the words. :fun:

-==-

Archived