Is Credit Suisse looking at downtown Raleigh?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't be the first time that a company based mainly in RTP set up a smaller office in Raleigh. IBM had an office on Six Forks near Millbrook. Nortel's training center used to be on Wade Avenue. But there are numerous buildings in and near RTP that could accommodate 200 people, and I doubt that Credit Suisse will want to split its people by 30-45 minutes.

I think that until downtown Raleigh really gets its act together and puts forth a more authentic effort to create a corporate friendly environment downtown, big corporations will continue to look elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, downtown has made a lot of stride in recent years, but we're still not seeing the kind of activity that will attract big players downtown. Union Station and Dix park will help, but continuing to allow local developers and the status quo crowd to rule the roost will not help.

Raleigh has got to start thinking and acting BIGGER on a consistent basis.

Archived