Slide the City

RALNATIVE

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does kind of look like Raleigh, doesn't it?

On another note, judging by the numbers and popularity at this weekend's event, as well as other events recently held downtown, I think that the city seriously needs to consider more permanent entertainment and outdoor enjoyment options for this area. An amusement park, water park, or some other outdoor family type destination is very much needed.

The many beer and music festivals that come to town are nice and all, but let's face it, these events are not suitable nor desirable for a majority of the demographic. This is just one more example of where Raleigh lags behind its peer cities.

I like that view of downtown...

That building on the left does kind of look like the Progress Energy building before Red Hat at first glance.

It does kind of look like Raleigh, doesn't it?

On another note, judging by the numbers and popularity at this weekend's event, as well as other events recently held downtown, I think that the city seriously needs to consider more permanent entertainment and outdoor enjoyment options for this area. An amusement park, water park, or some other outdoor family type destination is very much needed.

The many beer and music festivals that come to town are nice and all, but let's face it, these events are not suitable nor desirable for a majority of the demographic. This is just one more example of where Raleigh lags behind its peer cities.

I was surprised to discover recently that there is no true water park in the Raleigh area. The one in Greensboro is only an hour away I guess, but it still seems like if someone opened one up in the Triangle it would make a killing. 

Did anyone get any photos of the event in Raleigh?

What I saw was two 3 block long lines of people (one for each side) that barely moved because the slide was so slow. The only people that seemed like they "got their moneys worth" were the ones who paid for one time down. There were many people who seemed disappointed but at least a few I know who got there early and managed to get several slides in. The neighboring businesses did a good job of trying to be part of the party though with specials and auxiliary parties and such. I would not normally be caught dead in Alchemy, but they had free food, and I knew a liquor rep who was there paying for some free drinks. The Raleigh Wine Shop saturday tasting was really full too, and it was fun sitting on the sidewalk watching ever drunker people stroll by. By late afternoon it was becoming a sh*t show of day drinkiers falling down and scraping knees, spilling stuff and generally being amateurs about the whole thing. As I left, at least two ambulances came to different areas of Glenwood for reasons unknown to me. So it was fun-ish I guess. I am glad I didn't plop down 25-60 dollars for it though. 

Archived