Nashvilletitans

Nashville Next Plan

2 posts in this topic

With the proposed Nashville Next design Plan nearing completion and final approval I thought it makes sense that we have a topic on on what this visioning plan is proposing for the growth of Nashville over the next 20 years.   What are the ideas the plan is pushing?  How does the plan envision the the addition of 100k's of new Nashvillians?  How does the plan envision the growth of Davidson County and the relationship to the growth of the surrounding counties?  The economic growth, and tax base growth of Davidson County?

With the proposed Nashville Next design Plan nearing completion and final approval I thought it makes sense that we have a topic on on what this visioning plan is proposing for the growth of Nashville over the next 20 years.   What are the ideas the plan is pushing?  How does the plan envision the the addition of 100k's of new Nashvillians?  How does the plan envision the growth of Davidson County and the relationship to the growth of the surrounding counties?  The economic growth, and tax base growth of Davidson County?

That's well and good.  But in consideration of your role in orchestration of the Next, I think it to be appropriate that you start if off with sample answers to those hypothetical and academic questions, to kindle the dialog. 

The first question posed is definitely going to overlap a great portion of content detailed within a number of other sub-topic threads, but this can be reference to some of that, without it having to be repeated, an example being particularly with respect to regional and local mobility.  There has been a great amount of content within the last year and a half of those related threads, concepts of which can be applied here, but with the limitations of the UrbanPlanet application, it's not an easy task to browse this substantive material by categories specifically relevant to the question.  But I think that this thread can be a good forum on generalizing and envisioning.

-==-

Edited by rookzie