CNL III | Office [Proposed]

bic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did we just lost the office building at Anderson Street?

I don't think so because CNL owns the other half of the block next to the office buildings. And one of the renderings appears to show the smaller structures in the background...

It's a parking garage pedestal all right.  If you look at the north elevation you can see what appears to be "air" between the panels which I assume means that you can see right through the building at those garage levels.

I wont hate on the massing but come on, a garage pedestal on the plaza? 

I wish they would have continued the contemporary-neoclassical feel of the rest of the area (CNL/City Hall/Bohemian) which make the Late Modernism of the PAC more prominent. Another glass box next door does nothing to enhance the sense of place, and the look/feel of the PAC will only make this building - if built as rendered here - look cheap.

While I dig the look of the buildings around City Hall plaza, I think CNL3 will look okay at street level.  Most of the glass looks to be above floor5.  As long as the parking garage is not garbage and the funky balconies are designed well.

I wish they would have continued the contemporary-neoclassical feel of the rest of the area (CNL/City Hall/Bohemian) which make the Late Modernism of the PAC more prominent. Another glass box next door does nothing to enhance the sense of place, and the look/feel of the PAC will only make this building - if built as rendered here - look cheap.

100% agree with this statement. 

I think the glass exterior of CNLIII fits in pretty well with all the glass on the front of the PAC.

I'm inclined to agree. I think this would actually make the plaza feel more complete. It would certainly help to alleviate the "looks like an airport terminal" image I can't get out of my head since that comparison was drawn.

DPAC looks like a glass box in a grass field at the moment. Because it is.

I'm inclined to agree. I think this would actually make the plaza feel more complete. It would certainly help to alleviate the "looks like an airport terminal" image I can't get out of my head since that comparison was drawn.

DPAC looks like a glass box in a grass field at the moment. Because it is.

I particularly like the 6 levels of lower balconies designed to overlook outdoor performances.  They have the look and feel of the theater boxes.  Also, I expect they will use the large screen video boards near the back of the plaza to show what's on stage.  It would be good if some of these elements are mirrored on the hotel across the plaza.  

With the announcement of DPAC Phase II breaking ground next May, I can just imagine DPAC II, CNL III and the Hotel all U/C at the same time.

I particularly like the 6 levels of lower balconies designed to overlook outdoor performances.  They have the look and feel of the theater boxes.  Also, I expect they will use the large screen video boards near the back of the plaza to show what's on stage.  It would be good if some of these elements are mirrored on the hotel across the plaza.  

With the announcement of DPAC Phase II breaking ground next May, I can just imagine DPAC II, CNL III and the Hotel all U/C at the same time.

If all three of these get under construction at the same time it's going to be a mess, but imagine the impact of the end result...I like this area as a plaza better than a green space, it's supposed to be the cultural center of the downtown area.  Orlando does need more green space, although maybe squeezing more of it away from downtown will force more use of Lockhaven park (speaking of cultural centers), which is getting a small facelift soon.  I also think they should incorparate a large park in the creative village.

• 1 month later...

I wonder what happened to the hotel proposal on the north parcel.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived