CNL III | Office [Proposed]

bic

41 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Weren't there plans afoot at one time to expand the bunker using the grassy area at Jackson and Rosalind?

ocadmin.jpg

I think so, they also pondered a garage and have also threatened to leave downtown altogether. Mayor-elect Demings has a transition team looking at all kinds of stuff- wonder if this will be revisited?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

That grass field is just wasted land.

Something around 8 - 10 stories would fit right in there perfectly.

The county could use what they need and lease out the rest.

Awwww, that's no fun. Let's build a 450-footer with big orange neon letters on top that spell out "GOVERNMENT." Republican heads across the county would explode *giggles*.

True story: they lopped off a couple of floors from the original design of the courthouse so a government building wouldn't be the tallest building downtown and make local Republicans grumpy (Democrat Linda Chapin was county chair and led the campaign to get the new building.)

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Awwww, that's no fun. Let's build a 450-footer with big orange neon letters on top that spell out "GOVERNMENT." Republican heads across the county would explode *giggles*.

True story: they lopped off a couple of floors from the original design of the courthouse so a government building wouldn't be the tallest building downtown and make local Republicans grumpy (Democrat Linda Chapin was county chair and led the campaign to get the new building.)

Yet another reason to hate Republicans.... :rolleyes: :D

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, spenser1058 said:

A.  That was some funny stuff!  Like the Wicked Witch of the West getting splashed by water (I wonder if that was a metaphor for an adult film)

B.  I sh!t you not, I thought for sure the original OC Cthse was like 525" tall- same design- featured in Florida Architect (between 1991-1993) article.

Archived