Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gman430

Northpointe mixed use development.

110 posts in this topic

http://www.collettre.com/images/Properties/North_Point_Flyer__reduced__5_29_15.pdf

30,000 SF of retail/restaurant

282 apartment units

53,000 SF grocery anchored

Excellent visibility and signalized access from multiple streets

Structured on site parking as well as pedestrian friendly amenities

Significant residential density with high daytime population

Edited by gman430
1 person likes this

So who is developing it?

Not sure. Maybe Collett is themselves. :unsure: The grocery store looks to be Harris Teeter.

Wasn't this site supposed to have had a similar development built a few years ago?

Wasn't this site supposed to have had a similar development built a few years ago?

Yes. Rumor was for a Bloom grocery store. Looks like it's back on track now with a different grocer.

This is great news for the North Main area!

I wonder if the Stone @ Main development is catalyzing this project. 

Any timetable on this?

Is Collett just in the drumming up interest stage?  

Any timetable on this?

Is Collett just in the drumming up interest stage?

From what I hear, this is very preliminary. So, I would say you're correct.

The Main and Stone parcel and this parcel have always been the key properties for changing the North End into something better, denser and more urban than it is now.  Hopefully this idea takes off. I like what they are planning and it is a perfect site for a grocer.  

BTW, the Italian restaurant site across Stone Ave. from this project was just bought by the owner of this land.  They paid $350,k for .448 acres.

If this comes off, that small school on the other side of the Church St. bridge might finally be redeveloped.

I wish Canal would move into DT proper, and sell their site for a large mixed use project.  

1 person likes this

Canal did a sale lease back on that office building a number of years ago.

Canal did a sale lease back on that office building a number of years ago.

I remember now.  Any idea how long the lease is?

This hasn't been presented to the city yet so they must be fishing. 

It is not zoned C-4 currently, so I don't think it has to go before the city.  If it is rezoned, that would need to go tot the city, but the building plans themselves wouldn't. 

My guess is they have a grocer that is interested PROVIDED, the rest of the project can be nailed down.  

Edited by vicupstate

Look...a catch. ;)

The page is down now (at least for me) so my guess is that they accidentally put it up. 

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/stone-avenue-see-transformative-retail-residential-development/28439629/

They are rezoning to PD so it has to go before city, article says in July.  Also, all multi-family in the city has to go before DPC and all road abandonments have to go before the city, so it should be going before the city at least three times.

So this isn't so preliminary at all. Just a matter of going through the process apparently.  This is very good news. With 288 more apartments coming, there must be around 3,000 total for the urban core underway or on the drawing board.  

Nice! Good to see a timeline mentioned, albeit a loose one and will likely not be adhered to very closely. 

So this isn't so preliminary at all. Just a matter of going through the process apparently.  This is very good news. With 288 more apartments coming, there must be around 3,000 total for the urban core underway or on the drawing board.  

Developers have so far this year planned about the same number of housing units this year as the WHOLE last year....and 7 months to spare.

I also find it weird that they are taking it to public meetings before going to the city. They should want the city in on any public meetings for it will have to go through the Planning Department and DRB.

Developers have so far this year planned about the same number of housing units this year as the WHOLE last year....and 7 months to spare.

I also find it weird that they are taking it to public meetings before going to the city. They should want the city in on any public meetings for it will have to go through the Planning Department and DRB.

The neighborhood meetings are required now by the city. They want the neighborhood to have a say BEFORE the city starts in.

1 person likes this