Northpointe mixed use development.

gman430

http://www.collettre.com/images/Properties/North_Point_Flyer__reduced__5_29_15.pdf

30,000 SF of retail/restaurant

282 apartment units

53,000 SF grocery anchored

Excellent visibility and signalized access from multiple streets

Structured on site parking as well as pedestrian friendly amenities

Significant residential density with high daytime population

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Main and Stone parcel and this parcel have always been the key properties for changing the North End into something better, denser and more urban than it is now.  Hopefully this idea takes off. I like what they are planning and it is a perfect site for a grocer.  

BTW, the Italian restaurant site across Stone Ave. from this project was just bought by the owner of this land.  They paid $350,k for .448 acres.

If this comes off, that small school on the other side of the Church St. bridge might finally be redeveloped.

I wish Canal would move into DT proper, and sell their site for a large mixed use project.  

• Like 1

This hasn't been presented to the city yet so they must be fishing. 

It is not zoned C-4 currently, so I don't think it has to go before the city.  If it is rezoned, that would need to go tot the city, but the building plans themselves wouldn't. 

My guess is they have a grocer that is interested PROVIDED, the rest of the project can be nailed down.  

Edited by vicupstate

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/stone-avenue-see-transformative-retail-residential-development/28439629/

They are rezoning to PD so it has to go before city, article says in July.  Also, all multi-family in the city has to go before DPC and all road abandonments have to go before the city, so it should be going before the city at least three times.

So this isn't so preliminary at all. Just a matter of going through the process apparently.  This is very good news. With 288 more apartments coming, there must be around 3,000 total for the urban core underway or on the drawing board.  

Developers have so far this year planned about the same number of housing units this year as the WHOLE last year....and 7 months to spare.

I also find it weird that they are taking it to public meetings before going to the city. They should want the city in on any public meetings for it will have to go through the Planning Department and DRB.

Developers have so far this year planned about the same number of housing units this year as the WHOLE last year....and 7 months to spare.

I also find it weird that they are taking it to public meetings before going to the city. They should want the city in on any public meetings for it will have to go through the Planning Department and DRB.

The neighborhood meetings are required now by the city. They want the neighborhood to have a say BEFORE the city starts in.

• Like 1