Northpointe mixed use development.

gman430

37 minutes ago, vistatiger said:

I went to a Lowe's Foods in Myrtle Beach last Thanksgiving and it was very nice. I would shop there if they build in the Furman/TR area. Reminded me of Publix and had a very nice deli and bakery with a lot of prepared grab and go food. I felt like Publix has a larger selection when it comes to raw groceries and Lowe's house brands seemed to be more limited in what items they carried but it is a much smaller chain of around 100 stores. Very friendly staff as well.and had a hometown feel to it.

Thx...let the supermarket battles begin! 

37 minutes ago, vistatiger said:

I went to a Lowe's Foods in Myrtle Beach last Thanksgiving and it was very nice. I would shop there if they build in the Furman/TR area. Reminded me of Publix and had a very nice deli and bakery with a lot of prepared grab and go food. I felt like Publix has a larger selection when it comes to raw groceries and Lowe's house brands seemed to be more limited in what items they carried but it is a much smaller chain of around 100 stores. Very friendly staff as well.and had a hometown feel to it.

Thx...let the supermarket battles begin! 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, vistatiger said:

You are missing some important info. Publix was around in the 1990's here in Greenville and Atlanta. HT competed against them in both markets. Harris Teeter was owned by a holding company back then that didn't seem to want to put up the money to expand and add stores in both markets as Publix grew so that's why they retreated in the early 2000's from both markets.

There were only a few Publix stores then, though, and not until the mid/late 1990s: McAlister Square and maybe a handful of others.   HT spent a lot of effort expanding in northern Virginia and in SC and towards Atlanta during the '90s and early 2000s, and it had some really nice stores in Atlanta and invested a lot in those stores; I shopped at one of them then.  HT had some nice stores in Greenville, too, such as the one at I-385 and Roper Mountain Road.  HT pulled out; it's true that Bi-Lo bought the stores in SC and Kroger bought the stores in GA, but HT pulled out of basically everything in the I-85 corridor south of the NC state line, and it also pulled out of Columbia.  It gave up.

Separately, HT and Lowe's recently did a store swap.  HT pulled out of lower-income areas and traded those stores to Lowe's. 

Edited by mallguy

• 1 month later...

I was not sure where to post this, but it probably has something to do with the coming of this development.

I had a haircut at the Barbershop on Mohawk yesterday and saw that Shinola, the antique store in the older strip mall across Wade Hampton from the future Northpointe site, had closed and was being cleaned out. The barber told me that new owners had purchased the building and raised rents. He said they plan to separate the old Shinola space into at least 3 units for different tenants, one of them possibly being a pizza joint. Sad to see this place go. Here is a story from wyff on the store closing...http://www.wyff4.com/news/store-known-for-eclectic-merchandise-and-colorful-owner-to-close/40209058

It's also just grapevine talk, but one of the other barbers mentioned that Michael, one of the guys who worked at Shinola, is planning to open a shop with a similar feel. He said Mike plans to call the new store "Artifact" and it will be located in the West Greenville area along Pendleton St somewhere.

• 2 months later...

I was under the impression that road work was supposed to start late August.  It seems as if there is a hold up on this project.  The newly fenced in area with the construction office has been there for almost a month now.  It appears that they are working at another site location.  I am not sure where, but all the equipment they are housing inside the fence gets moved daily.  

13 hours ago, deltad22 said:

I was under the impression that road work was supposed to start late August.  It seems as if there is a hold up on this project.  The newly fenced in area with the construction office has been there for almost a month now.  It appears that they are working at another site location.  I am not sure where, but all the equipment they are housing inside the fence gets moved daily.  

I think this may be related to ReWa Richland Creek Sewer Trunk rehab.  I noticed all the stormwater basins and ditches are cleaned out and re-structured.  I'm not 100% certain though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, deltad22 said:

Was hoping to see some movement on this project by Christmas.  Anyone have any information about the delay on this project?

See my previous post:  

On 10/11/2016 at 1:37 PM, vicupstate said:

Northpointe Development Agreement gets initial approval.

Work to start in November. 

Hopefully that means we see work by New Year's. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If this project is waiting on SCDOT, then it will never get off the ground.  They have been working on the power poles for about two months in the immediate area.  I wonder if this has to be completed before they can get started.  I would like to think that this is such a big project that the city could pull some strings and get the state to move faster on the road improvements.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Central Realty Holdings, LLC and ECI Group, Inc are excited to announce the commencement the NorthPointe Development. Construction will begin with the widening of Stone Avenue the week of May 8th.

Sloan Construction, under the supervision of Yeargin Potter Smith Construction, will be on-site starting improvements to the road network this week and will complete that work in November 2017. Crews may be on site during the day, but all necessary lane restrictions or reductions will occur only between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m..

Construction of the NorthPointe development will begin upon completion of the necessary road improvements. The 284 multifamily units and 20,000 square feet of boutique retail are expected to begin leasing in Fall of 2019. The 58,000-square-foot Harris Teeter grocery store is expected to host its grand opening in early Fall of 2019.

Edited by gman430