• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Still looks like the thing I am most excited about (Harris Teeter) is still months away from getting started and the last thing to get built. They have done nothing with that part of the project but use it as a staging area for the materials for the apartments. Looks like a big mess where that pad is going. Wish they would hurry up and get out of the way so they can get started.

Edited by vistatiger

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it just me or is this project taking forever? I believe they said it would be completed by mid-2019 and it's no where near completion right now. I drive by it everyday and I don't think I've seen any noticeable progress in quite some time. Could it be staffing challenges? 

3 hours ago, Den2Gvl said:

Is it just me or is this project taking forever? I believe they said it would be completed by mid-2019 and it's no where near completion right now. I drive by it everyday and I don't think I've seen any noticeable progress in quite some time. Could it be staffing challenges? 

I’ve seen the apartments on the Stone corner going up faster now. Bids were requested for the Harris Teeter recently. 

Does anyone else get the idea that three local businesses they posted about might be the ones that might have letters of intent for the retail section? Cakes by U, Tipsy Taco and Ambitious Kitchen? Seems weird for them to post those randomly. All within two weeks recently. 

Yes Forever Agree. It's really disappointing they haven't got the grocery store underway.  That still has to be at least another year away if not longer. Doesn't even look like they have the pad ready. Frustrating seeing them staging the materials for the apartments in the area where the store was going all this time.

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

I don’t understand why people are antsy in seeing this project get completed. :dontknow: Isn’t there already another Harris Teeter only 5-10 minutes away? 

Because we would have to drive through downtown to go to it. For this one, we wouldn’t.  Not everyone lives downtown.