Crescendo Apts, 6 stories, 210 units in Gulch (was proposed 23 stories 3 years ago)

dmillsphoto

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called Travis Kelty today and did not hear back from him. But he is good about communication and I'm sure he'll call.

Crescendo might have a shot at materializing but it will be a challenge, no doubt.

WW

I guess t is hard to take him seriously after the strings project. That website is basically closed down now.

• 1 month later...

In all seriousness, a waterfall would be a very unique feature to a building. It would certainly be eye catching. If you enclosed it with glass, the spray wouldn't really be a factor. Now, maintenance on the glazing, catch pan, and the cost of constantly pumping water up 23 floors are a whole other issue.

We may make fun of this guy, and there appear to be reasons to. But at least he is thinking outside the box. We always complain about everything looking the same. I know that "eccentric" and "insane" are a fine line sometimes, but why not give this guy a little credit for being daring?

It's fun for us on this site to be armchair quarterbacks and criticize everything. But if someone actually said "Fine. You do it better. And put pen to paper". Perhaps that's what this guy is doing. He may never get anything built, but he may in fact inspire something radical.

Or I could be completely wrong and we could end up with a Homer Simpson Canyonero of a building that is the laughing stock of the country.

Archived