Crescendo Apts, 6 stories, 210 units in Gulch (was proposed 23 stories 3 years ago)

dmillsphoto

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reason is because the area of the neighborhood is ~ 314160 square meters. pi is 3.14159. Weird but true.

I think it boils down to the difference of about one or two pixels on that mapping tool. Run it again and I bet you could actually land exactly on the 314,159 number.  :thumbsup:

Conspiracy theories abound!

pie.jpg

That's almost unbelievable.  Do you know who figured this out?

I was just playing around with the area calculator because I had a hunch that I could convert square feet into another unit of measurement that would produce an output reasonably close to the digits of pi. Imagine my surprise when I saw that square meters is almost right on the dot! No need to convert to square versts or fathoms.

1wLX4WN.png

• 7 months later...

I had seen it on Construction Wire and told WW. He then reached out to Travis. He had other issues he had to deal with before he could concentrate on the project.

I feel a little more confident it will happen. If he gets an equity partner, then it may happen.

Still think it has zero chance. For one thing it lists a 75 million dollar price tag. That seems about 40 million too low for a building this size. Still has no equity partner after searching at least a year possibly longer, still hasn't closed on lot despite originally saying closing late last year. Developer has never developed anything to speak of really.

The Bond Market also had a correction. Interest rates up almost a point from 3.25% to 4.1%. His loan may depend on interest rates. That is a lot of money.

All I can say is welcome to the development fray, only the most experienced developers ail get their projects out of the ground.

One of the HUGE selling points of this building will be its location: on the crest of the hill that overlooks the entire SoBro and CBD in particular, and the Gulch and Rolling Mills Hill area.  It will provide the most spectacular view of the city, and will be unimpeded.  I would think they would have potential occupants lining up to get in there. That will become one of the most utilized areas for Nashville publicity shots. If the developers were smart, they would put a full-service restaurant and observation deck on top. Even folks who would be on the other side would have interesting views straight down I-65 and the huge intersection with the innerbelt, along with the Cumberland Science Museum, Fort Negley, etc.  

^Wouldn't one downside be that it would block out the view of the skyline for those coming up I-65 ?

It wouldn't block the distance views (i.e. around the 100 Oaks area), but it would certainly block the view from Wedgewood on.

Watch this end up as one of the most iconic buildings in Nashville. We all slammed him repeatedly over his design and renderings. It'll be very ironic and make for a great story if his building becomes one of the nicer developments in recent years.

Watch this end up as one of the most iconic buildings in Nashville. We all slammed him repeatedly over his design and renderings. It'll be very ironic and make for a great story if his building becomes one of the nicer developments in recent years.

I'll be the first in line to shake his hand if that turns out to be true.  :shades:

Let's not forget why!  The guy wanted (or wants) to build a giant geeeetarrrr.  Still Yikes! 

It is hard to take him serious after the guitar shaped building fiasco which made him a laughing stock. Still seems to be a rich fraternity boy trying to play developer when he has done nothing in the past. Maybe if he had a track record building some nice low rise buildings, we could take him serious.

Archived