Crescendo Apts, 6 stories, 210 units in Gulch (was proposed 23 stories 3 years ago)

dmillsphoto

It is hard to take him serious after the guitar shaped building fiasco which made him a laughing stock. Still seems to be a rich fraternity boy trying to play developer when he has done nothing in the past. Maybe if he had a track record building some nice low rise buildings, we could take him serious.

23 stories is low rise. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All he's done is buy some property.   Alex Palmer got farther than that.   Let's see if Travis can tear down a building and dig a lake!   

It's true, but I didn't expect him to get further than the crayon sketch on the napkin, so I feel I should at least give him a tip of the cap.  haha

I put this project at barely above 0% chance still. Need to secure roughly 30-35 million in equity, which other more established developers have failed to do. Then need to secure a loan.

To me $75 million seems really low for a 23 story building with condo level amenities. I would expect closer to 100.

I put this project at barely above 0% chance still. Need to secure roughly 30-35 million in equity, which other more established developers have failed to do. Then need to secure a loan.

To me $75 million seems really low for a 23 story building with condo level amenities. I would expect closer to 100.

I hope it happens though.  I'd really like to see the downtown start stretching south.   That could really help spur more development in SoSoBro.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 8:04 PM, markhollin said:

Myers Carpeting set to relocate to Sidco Drive, thus opening the way for the potential Crescendo development to start:

I'm so thrilled to see that tacky-a$$ broad-pitched-roofed, non-descript structure get the hell out of here, that I'm lost for decent words.

I actually hate the idea of a high rise on that spot.  it will totally block the view of downtown coming up 65.  on the other hand the view will now be much better with myers gone. 

I agree. Seems inappropriate for that area at this time. A nice mid rise with some added retail would be perfect.

I still believe this area is a next cycle property development.

6 hours ago, Philip said:

Good riddance! If high rises extend that far out, it'll be a bit overwhelming for traditional Nashvillians.

I am afraid they will soon be outnumbered by folks that are non traditional or simply do not care. They may already be outnumbered.

22 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

I actually hate the idea of a high rise on that spot.  it will totally block the view of downtown coming up 65.  on the other hand the view will now be much better with myers gone. 

Views being blocked from high rises, views being blocked from pools, and now views being blocked from the interstate!!!! At what point does the city stop blocking our views!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The former Myers Carpet structure has been fully wiped-clean, clearing the way for eventual development of the lot.  Whatever gets built there is going to have stunning, unimpeded views of the skyline.

Looking north from the back (butt-up against the I-65/I-40 innerloop interchange).  You can see heavy equipment being utilized to grade the ramp area for Division Street Connector leading up to the CSX tracks recessed below the surface on the right.

Crescendo_Myers_lot,_July_17,_2016.JPG

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The former Myers Carpet structure has been fully wiped-clean, clearing the way for eventual development of the lot.  Whatever gets built there is going to have stunning, unimpeded views of the skyline.

It's still too ugly. ;)

Archived