Crescendo Apts, 6 stories, 210 units in Gulch (was proposed 23 stories 3 years ago)

dmillsphoto

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said its advantage is that it's within the loop, but away from the hustle and bustle and traffic, but that will probably change as a result of the Division St. extension and the fact that it's in the middle of Wedgewood- Houston, 8th Ave, Sobro and the Gulch. I think that area will become quite active eventually, whether he or someone else builds there.

• 5 months later...

Whether this actually ever gets built or not, it is interesting that a lot of diggings from other developments are being deposited and graded here, making the site more level.

Looking south from hear the Division Street Connector:

Crescendo land fill 1, April, 2017.jpg

Looking NE from near the I-40 inner loop:

Crescendo land fill 2, April, 2017.jpg

• 3 months later...

From the Post

Gulch site eyed for tower now set for smaller building

Kelty, Houston entity slate project on Division property previously slated for Crescendo

authors Staff Reports

Nashville-based developer and real estate investor Travis Kelty is preparing to break ground in the first quarter of 2018 on a six-story $50 apartment building project on the Division Street site in The Gulch and on which high-rise Crescendo had been planned.

Kelty said Highpoint Division Partners GP, for which he serves as co-partner with Joe Porter, has signed a partnership agreement with Houston-based Guefen Development to co-develop the site, which has an address of 641 Division St. Terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.

This will be Guefen’s first project in Nashville, Kelty said.

The 210-unit building likely will be six stories above grade, with one level of below-grade parking, two levels of above-grade parking and four levels of apartments, Kelty said. The project is expected to be finished in the fourth quarter of 2019.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20972805/gulch-site-eyed-for-tower-now-set-for-smaller-building

Is this really a surprise? I admire Mr. Kelty's ambition, but he was never going to be able to dive straight into developing a highrise. At least with this he has a chance to build some capital and experience so that he can do something bigger down the road when he is ready. Hopefully the smaller building is well-designed. 

35 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Nashville-based developer and real estate investor Travis Kelty is preparing to break ground in the first quarter of 2018 on a six-story $50 apartment building project on the Division Street site in The Gulch and on which high-rise Crescendo had been planned.

I laughed when I saw the price.  I'm sure that's how many of us feel about this project after going from 20+ floors to 6.  It's worth about $50. :rofl:

Hopefully the smaller building is well-designed. 

Crystal ball says... no... just another generic stick over podium Multifamily by an out of town developer cranking them out that could be constructed anywhere in America...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, Neigeville2 said:

New skyscraper in China features 108-meter-tall waterfall

Yet another thing (like high speed rail) the Chinese can build that we can't.

waterfall.jpg

They excel in building supremely expensive, massive, unnecessary prestige projects. I don’t know of another nation with as big of an inferiority complex as China, they seem desperate to prove to the world that they’re not 3rd world anymore (see 2008, Olympics). 

Archived